Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone my name is Jason
i recently got a 2008 Honda accord have been watching the forum and i finally made an account so i can finally start posting.

so here is my story

my first car was a 1997 honda accord dx

I bought it to just get me threw high school and college, but she soon became much more. Slowly but sure it started to come together and finally its something i am proud of.

Motor and trans are orginal to the vehical with 277000 miles and running strong!!

Mods:
DNA racing 2.25 stainless steel header back exhaust
APC short ram intake
spec-d tuning 2.5 inch lowering springs
apx lowering struts with camber kit
MB Wheels Viper rims
blue wire loom and wire tuck
custom blue valve cover
type r blue seats front and rear
H.I.D. fog lights, high, and low beams
reverse euro taillights
rear disc swap
2 12 inch kenwoods subs in custom sealed box, dual 6x9s in the rears, dual 6.25 door speakers and dual tweeters
glow gauges and blue led bulb swap
custom lower grill
night shaded turn signals, corners, and marker lights

so i sold this car in November :thumbsdow and i do miss it but i picked up my 2008 Honda accord coupe EX-L in late October :thmsup:

so up intill a month ago i lived in Maine, but i recently got a position as a manufacture engineer at the john Deere hydrological cylinder plant in Moline il.

so i packed up my things and moved on out to mid America

I have all ready started working on things to change on the accord. hids cai and switchback leds have all been done already, and when spring time comes around its going to be rims, and roof and trunk spoiler and possibly an Greddy exhaust.

i look forward to posting and reading post on the forum.:wave::wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi from Iowa City just down the road from you. Let me know if you're interested in the Midwest/Chicago meets.

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi from Iowa City just down the road from you. Let me know if you're interested in the Midwest/Chicago meets.
ya i denfily will be thanks :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
old car was clean. props on not ricing it out lol. slam the accord on nice wheels and make it clean

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
old car was clean. props on not ricing it out lol. slam the accord on nice wheels and make it clean
thanks i plan on it, i would like to do a air ride but im still looking in till im satisfied with a good quality kit

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i got a little buy happy today and picked up some things for the accord.

:banana:
now i play the waiting game haha next week is a secret but there is a hint in the picture :jumping:

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fog lights came in now im just waiting for the switch for the steering wheel,

my grill also came in and i started to tap it up and prep it for paint

all in all things are coming together nicely

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the grill is almost done I just sanded down the last coat I laid down and one more should do the trick to have a nice finish on the grill.

I just bought a greddy sp elite 4 cylinder exhaust for my car off of the 8th gen Facebook group, so I’m pretty excited to get that in the mail.

I am still waiting for one more harness for the fog lights because i made the mistake of only ordering one harness. So now I wait. :dunno:

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
last coat is on and the tape is all removed :banana::banana:

im pretty happy with it and cant wait to see how it looks on the car

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grill is installed fogs are installed as well with matching 8k hids :banana::banana:

so what do you guys think??

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nicee!! I might want to put that grill on. I just signed up for this forum today. I recently bought a 2009 ex l v6 in red.
nice i have to say on a red accord the all black grill looks stunning but you have tohave the trim blacked to match but if you do what i did then it may look pretty sweet.

and welcome :wave:

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update time
so i picked up a Greddy cat back off of a Facebook group and had a ton of fun :thumbsdow trying to get the old exhaust off. ended up having to cut the pipe after the flange then cut all six bolts on the cat, grind the studs down and drill them out. once that was all done it took me about 20 minutes to put the new exhaust on

so i finally bought and installed my rims. i got a pretty good deal from tire rack and i couldn't be happier with them. the specs are 18x8 40 offset and they look perfect on the car

the next day i went out and did a mini photo shoot and got some amazing photos:

I've since gotten my trunk lip spoiler

Im still waiting on my matching roof spoiler.

Ever since the photo shoot I've wanted to lower it like i did my old accord so i just bought these today from Throwdown performance and boy i cant wait to get them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
you should've gotten the other rims. but still looks good. love that exhaust!

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
The car is coming along beautifully! But may I suggest some spacers?! Specially on the rear! Will really set the car off if you get those wheels flush.

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i appreciate it man and i do plan on spacers just waiting till i have time to spec some out, then I'm going to roll the rear fenders.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts