Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Ex-L I4

Finally have enough mods that I think it's worth showing off a bit.:thmsup:
It'll look better with red lugs, but here it is for now.

Clearer pics of the little touches

Odyssey lower grill mod

Plates

Enkei's with Mugen Carbon Fiber Air Valve Covers(waiting for red lugs)

Painted Exhaust (needs a little cleaning)

Mugen Mats

HID's (old pic obviously)

Inspire spoiler

*EDIT 9/19/10*
V6 front and rear bumpers added.
Dropped on Megan SuperStreet coilovers with 25mm back spacers 20mm front and SPC 3-arm kit

Will keep this updated as things change:banana:

Love/hate welcome

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thats one nice ride man!!! Exactly the kind of look I'm going for. I'm a big fan of that grille and those wheels, especially in that color. Glad to see you kept them OEM size and light weight to maintain performance and handling. Only thing I would suggest is a very mild drop, perhaps an inch. But that is the beauty of stock size rims... it doesn't look like a 4x4 without a drop. Also, depending on the legality in your state, perhaps replacing the orange side reflectors with clear and a very mild tail light tint (or even those smoked LED ones depending on your budget) . IMO, that would blend in nicely with the grey color scheme , but also look good in its own right .

·
JaGeR BOMB!
414 Posts
LOOKS [email protected] bro! keep up the good work. i like them lugs man i wish i have some aftermarket rims so i can get some xD

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats one nice ride man!!! Exactly the kind of look I'm going for. I'm a big fan of that grille and those wheels, especially in that color. Glad to see you kept them OEM size and light weight to maintain performance and handling. Only thing I would suggest is a very mild drop, perhaps an inch. But that is the beauty of stock size rims... it doesn't look like a 4x4 without a drop. Also, depending on the legality in your state, perhaps replacing the orange side reflectors with clear and a very mild tail light tint (or even those smoked LED ones depending on your budget) . IMO, that would blend in nicely with the grey color scheme , but also look good in its own right .
Thanks, these are just temporary rims so I didn't have to keep staring at the stocks. I'm eventually getting the Mugen 18's for the accord and dropping it on some coilovers. But i'm waiting for the stock tires to wear out first. Headlight i'll do some work on too but thats not for a while. Next mod is v6 front and rear bumpers followed by fog lights:banana:

·
Registered
386 Posts
cool..

post site for

lug nuts and red badge please.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool..

post site for

lug nuts and red badge please.
Lug nuts are JC-Projects I got them from a local dealer that says they are the only dealer in the bay area for them. They cost me 150 at the shop and i'm just waiting on the correct red ones to come in the blues are temporary.

The red badge just go on ebay they have them it should be like 64.99 or something like that. Just search 2008 accord red front or civic, its the same thing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks. Did u need to modify the badge??

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Did u need to modify the badge??
Nope the posts on the back perfectly line up with the posts of the original badge and the back is all sticky stuff you just push it on real good. I ended up ripping my old H off and breaking it cuz I was lazy and have a second one on my original grill, but I suggest taking the whole base that holds the H on off and figuring out how to take the original H off carefully. Good luck:thmsup:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
seen you on ISS. sadly i dont really check in on there that often anymore. but your car looks good! i like the grill alot. but not a fan of the red emblem. but thats just me..
________
Yamaha DT175

·
Registered
139 Posts
Red Emblem is the only way to go with the Mugen grille IMO. Great job on the sedan! Your attention to detail won't go unnoticed with the plates, plate screws, mats etc. Kudos for not doing it the ricey way!! And I hope the Red lugs you're putting on are open-ended as well! Don't take this the wrong way but if I had your vehicle I would put a drop on it next. Is the Mugen kit in your future To-Do list?

looks great!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Awesome. You can't go wrong with the JDM look. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red Emblem is the only way to go with the Mugen grille IMO. Great job on the sedan! Your attention to detail won't go unnoticed with the plates, plate screws, mats etc. Kudos for not doing it the ricey way!! And I hope the Red lugs you're putting on are open-ended as well! Don't take this the wrong way but if I had your vehicle I would put a drop on it next. Is the Mugen kit in your future To-Do list?

looks great!
Thanks for all the love so far guys.

I definately plan on a drop with some coils and the works but at the moment its not at the top of my list. I'm planning v6 bumper swaps in preparation for the mugen kit. Then some fogs and hopefully by december the whole mugen kit shabang.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The grill looks really good.

·
Registered
836 Posts
looks great!! keep up the mods. change the back emblem also.

·
Registered
388 Posts
curious question, how come you didn't get the ex v6 a little bit more than the ex-l? I noticed that you're gonna perform the v6 front and rear bumper swap and already did the chrome handles.. :dunno:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol, really a nike plate? Mugen overkill. Wheels aren't bad, I would've at least got 18's though. But clean overall.
17's are temporary while I do other mods. Eventually they will be the Mugen XJ 18's.

looks great!! keep up the mods. change the back emblem also.
Already did lol, just no updated pics yet. I'll do the bumper swap in the next month or so and update with pics.

curious question, how come you didn't get the ex v6 a little bit more than the ex-l? I noticed that you're gonna perform the v6 front and rear bumper swap and already did the chrome handles.. :dunno:
I VERY VERY much wish I did get the v6 but it was a little more and my grandparents helped me buy the car (i'm only 19). They barely trusted me to make the 300 a month payments I have now and with a v6 it would have been like 350 or so. I know now I could have done it and wish I did but sadly now its too late. The upside is that i'll eventually have all the looks of the v6 (bumpers, dual exhaust etc) but with the MPG of the I4. Plus its a sedan and it will never be a track car so realistically v6 or I4 does it really matter? In the end after the handles, bumpers and exhaust it'll probably have cost me less than a v6 anyways.

·
Accord FTW
112 Posts
Lookin' pretty sweet. Keep up the good work. :thmsup:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts