Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Accord Review at 2500 miles and 3 months

Hello – I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V4 with only add was a rear deck mounted spoiler.

My thoughts

Dual screens – very nice and get a lot of compliments about it.

Cup Holders – decent size

Electronics in general seem very good

Rear seating is nice – per my daughter.

Like having extra power connector in glove box but it really should be in
The rear as already has one in front and the glove box is used for other things.

Styling – I think this car really stands out. LOL – I was next to a CLA 250 and thought the rear look awful compared to the Accord’s.

Ride – is both good and bad. When no undulating pavement it drives like a charm (except for steering)

The Camera’s – Oh my god why doesn’t every new car have a built-in camera in the passenger mirror. I think this was brilliant and has saved me a couple of times. I don’t know if would be good in driver’s side but why not? Rear view camera does a great job also.

Lane departure warning – a complete waste of time as it’s overtly sensitive so I have shut-it off. Why get warning when I’m in middle of winding road. LOL

Visibility – excellent

Dashboard look and feel – Good except for faux wood trim.

Two driver side seat settings.

Dislikes

Seating – using my hand the leather seats felt good but have found out that sitting in them is uncomfortable for any extended period of time. They are way too firm. For the EX-L version of this car they should have an extension for longer legs. I have about a 3-4 inch gap between my knee and the seat.

Faux wood trim – looks really cheap now that I have been looking at it for awhile.

Leather wrapped steering wheel – give me a break the steering wheel cover feels nothing like leather and is harder than a rock. It should have been made with a little softer feel.

Stereo – Sound system on this trim really stinks. Base sounds bad when turned-up. This sound system does hold-up to even the sound system I had in my 2006 Hyundai.

Stereo Settings – I want to be able to program out XM from my menu choices when my free 3 months is up but can’t.

Want better control of my Iphone music. Having to move linear in the chain of songs stinks.

Making sense of the two different mileage readings on the read out.

MILEAGE: OK – here I have a big beef – I have been averaging around 27MPG when I do 60/40 hwy/street. This is 10% off advertised combined. I just finished a 350 miles trip where it was 95% hwy/ and 5% street and I’m at 29.5 MPG which really stinks giving the I think 34 or 35 advertised hwy rating.

Styling – While I really like the styling and the fact that I added the deck spoiler I would really think the EX-L being the top 4 banger trim level it would have dual exhaust like the lower end Sport. Having dual exhaust and including the spoiler on the EX-L would make it really stand out from the lower EX trim levels and the Sport model.

THE RIDE – The Accord drives comfortably but over uneven terrain i.e Los Angeles streets, it feels a little uncomfortable and stiff. The steering is sometimes god awful. I think this is a full electronic steering if I remember correctly and it floats a little too much for my liking.

THE CVT Transmission
Oh the good and the bad – the good is it gets decent gas mileage for a 4 cylinder of this size except for noted gas mileage issues based on advertising. The bad is the hesitation you get when you are coming to a stop. I gotten used to it but it can be an annoyance.

No garage door opener on rear-view mirror and not even an option to add. Even my 2006 Hyundai LX had this built-it and it should come standard on an EX-L trim level.

RIMS – While the rims are OK in look I wanted the same rims that were on the 16” and 18” wheels on other trims. The dealer wanted a full $2500 to give me the 18”new wheels and rims but I said no.

OVERALL

While it seems I have a lot more dislikes then likes I’m generally impressed by the 2013 Honda Accord. It looks 10x better than the Altima, Camry or Sonata its main competition. The main reason for purchasing it as a replacement for a 2006 Hyundai Sonata was around perceived reliability. While that is yet to be seen I can only hope this holds-up as well as my wife’s 2009 Toyota Corolla.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Nice review...V4? I'll even accept L4 but c'mon man!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sounds like you should sell your Accord and buy something you like better; Also, the 4 cyclinder as an Inline 4 and not a V4

·
Registered
134 Posts
The dislikes (transmission, steering, fuel economy) seem pretty major compared to some of the likes (dual screens, cup holders, extra power connector). I agree with yanks1 that you'd probably be better off in another car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mileage:
hmm.. maybe it's the way you drive?
My commute to work is 67% hwy and i average around 35mpg combined doing 80mph on hwy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mileage:
hmm.. maybe it's the way you drive?
My commute to work is 67% hwy and i average around 35mpg combined doing 80mph on hwy.
Sorry about the V4 vs. L4.

All I can say about my driving habits is I've got Eco on and its showing green at least 99% of time. Only times its not is when I'm going on on-ramp and merging on freeway. I also don't drive above 70 on freeway. Just saying.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts