Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord Hybrid Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since joining this board, I've come to spend a lot of time here. There are a lot of knowledgeable owners in here with good tips and advice to people's post with issues. Lately though, I've seen many posts with new car issues that are covered under warranty. Some are legit, like one I saw about a leaky headcover gasket. Others though, more subjective on how the shifts feel.

I just wanted to make this post and say that my 2019 works just as it should. Delivers me the EPA's MPG rating. Provides the creature comforts I was looking for in a car. And am perfectly content with the cars performance. I didn't buy a Hybrid Accord to go up against a dedicated sports car or seek to get amazing 0-60 times. I wanted decent MPG with a comfortable ride on a daily basis. My 2019 Accord Hybrid Touring delivers in spades!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Since joining this board, I've come to spend a lot of time here. There are a lot of knowledgeable owners in here with good tips and advice to people's post with issues. Lately though, I've seen many posts with new car issues that are covered under warranty. Some are legit, like one I saw about a leaky headcover gasket. Others though, more subjective on how the shifts feel.

I just wanted to make this post and say that my 2019 works just as it should. Delivers me the EPA's MPG rating. Provides the creature comforts I was looking for in a car. And am perfectly content with the cars performance. I didn't buy a Hybrid Accord to go up against a dedicated sports car or seek to get amazing 0-60 times. I wanted decent MPG with a comfortable ride on a daily basis. My 2019 Accord Hybrid Touring delivers in spades!
I agree with you wholeheartedly; my 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring "delivers in spades" too. When I want to have fun in dedicated sports cars, I drive my 2007 Honda S2000 or my 2014 Ford Focus ST, both with six-speed manual gearboxes (sadly, my 1978 Datsun 280Z is incapacitated at the moment).

But my AHT is my go-to daily driver, and it provides everything I need and want in trips around town and also on cross-country road trips. None of my other cars can range more than 225 miles on a tank of gas (premium, no less), while the AHT gets more than 500 miles on a tank of regular, with a long-term average over 21,000 miles of 44.3 MPG. It's a no-brainer.

Reactions: Sammbpbsb

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you wholeheartedly; my 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring "delivers in spades" too. When I want to have fun in dedicated sports cars, I drive my 2007 Honda S2000 or my 2014 Ford Focus ST, both with six-speed manual gearboxes (sadly, my 1978 Datsun 280Z is incapacitated at the moment).

But my AHT is my go-to daily driver, and it provides everything I need and want in trips around town and also on cross-country road trips. None of my other cars can range more than 225 miles on a tank of gas (premium, no less), while the AHT gets more than 500 miles on a tank of regular, with a long-term average over 21,000 miles of 44.3 MPG. It's a no-brainer.
Yup!

My girlfriend's car, a 2020 BMW 330i with the M performance package (stiffer springs, different tire and other non-engine bits) feels way more responsive, grippy and fast compared to my car... But because stiffer suspension, it's bouncy and you just feel all the imperfections on the road. The torque converter transmission is quick, but is really jerky when slowing down to 2 or 1st gear. Let's not even get started on gas... It requires premium and don't even know what her mpg average is.

I would have LOVED to own an S2000! My first car and the only car up until I got my hybrid, was a 1993 corolla wagon Dx 5 speed manual. It was a slow 1.8 liter car, but rowing my own gears made me feel like I was driving something much faster. I think feel is more important than numbers. A lot of us focus too much on performance numbers and don't remember that's it's more about the emotion and feel you get with the cars. So it's definitely important one remembers what their car was purpose built for. Once they do that, they will be much happier.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yup!

My girlfriend's car, a 2020 BMW 330i with the M performance package (stiffer springs, different tire and other non-engine bits) feels way more responsive, grippy and fast compared to my car... But because stiffer suspension, it's bouncy and you just feel all the imperfections on the road. The torque converter transmission is quick, but is really jerky when slowing down to 2 or 1st gear. Let's not even get started on gas... It requires premium and don't even know what her mpg average is.

I would have LOVED to own an S2000! My first car and the only car up until I got my hybrid, was a 1993 corolla wagon Dx 5 speed manual. It was a slow 1.8 liter car, but rowing my own gears made me feel like I was driving something much faster. I think feel is more important than numbers. A lot of us focus too much on performance numbers and don't remember that's it's more about the emotion and feel you get with the cars. So it's definitely important one remembers what their car was purpose built for. Once they do that, they will be much happier.
Here's mine; I ordered it in Rio Yellow Pearl and had to wait about six months before it came in.

And you're right again re: "performance numbers" vs. "emotion and feel." Back when I was in college, more decades ago than I'll admit to, all of my car-crazy buddies wanted big, heavy, tank-like Detroit iron with rumbling monster engines, four-barrel carburetors, smoke-spewing dual exhausts and Wide Oval tires. I never wanted that. I was always interested only in cars that looked neat, handled well and required knowledge, skill and commitment from the driver to get the most out of them. So my first car was a used red Triumph TR-4, which was sporty, nimble and great fun to drive even though it barely had enough power to get out of its own way. I'll never forget how astonished I was the first time a person in another British sports car waved at me as we passed. I soon found out that all drivers of British cars did that; it was like a community. Drivers who wave at each other today usually use just one finger.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's mine; I ordered it in Rio Yellow Pearl and had to wait about six months before it came in.

And you're right again re: "performance numbers" vs. "emotion and feel." Back when I was in college, more decades ago than I'll admit to, all of my car-crazy buddies wanted big, heavy, tank-like Detroit iron with rumbling monster engines, four-barrel carburetors, smoke-spewing dual exhausts and Wide Oval tires. I never wanted that. I was always interested only in cars that looked neat, handled well and required knowledge, skill and commitment from the driver to get the most out of them. So my first car was a used red Triumph TR-4, which was sporty, nimble and great fun to drive even though it barely had enough power to get out of its own way. I'll never forget how astonished I was the first time a person in another British sports car waved at me as we passed. I soon found out that all drivers of British cars did that; it was like a community. Drivers who wave at each other today usually use just one finger.
View attachment 540600
Is her name Rio and does she dance in the sand??? Hahaha. Man, she looks beautiful.

My coworker had one in blue and it was great. From the passanger seat, it felt nice and quick and the sound of the engine when he was up in the RPM's... Beautiful. I think he he had one of the early ones where the red line was a little higher? Don't really remember, but what I do is that it felt nimble and fun.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is her name Rio and does she dance in the sand??? Hahaha. Man, she looks beautiful.

My coworker had one in blue and it was great. From the passanger seat, it felt nice and quick and the sound of the engine when he was up in the RPM's... Beautiful. I think he he had one of the early ones where the red line was a little higher? Don't really remember, but what I do is that it felt nimble and fun.
Yeah, it's a great car. I think the redline of the first-generation versions was 9,000 RPM, whereas my second-generation one redlines at 8,200 RPM. I drive it so gently, though, that I rarely ever even get onto the second set of cam lobes, which happens at 5,500 RPM and which changes the whole character of the experience. Before that, the engine has very little torque, but when the second set of cam lobes engages, it snaps you back in the seat and the engine really screams.

The car rides like there are no springs or dampers at all in the suspension; it's the roughest-riding car I've ever driven (that's not a complaint, BTW). I've had zero problems with mine, and drive it as often as I can, but still only about once a week or so. That's why it only has about 26,000 miles on it.

Geez, this makes me want to go out and take it for a spin with the top down. See ya later!

Reactions: Sammbpbsb
1 - 6 of 6 Posts