Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after a tree fell on my 07 Accord and totaled it in AL 4 weeks ago, I finally bought a replacement car. I found a 2006 Accord EX-L 2.4L with under 67k miles! It was garage kept and meticulously maintained by the prior owners who garaged during the winter in PA, when they would travel to FL for the winter months.

Attachments

·
HK Moderator
13,928 Posts
Nice find!

I am glad it was garaged in PA during the winter, rather than FL in the summer. I've had friends buy low mileage, "pristine" cars from widows in FL that left them garaged there during the summertime, and those unused cars baking in garages 24/7 for 6 months every year is not kind to seals and rubber components.

You know the drill, change fluids and filters. Check out the sticky "So You Just Bought a 7th Gen". Enjoy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice find!

I am glad it was garaged in PA during the winter, rather than FL in the summer. I've had friends buy low mileage, "pristine" cars from widows in FL that left them garaged there during the summertime, and those unused cars baking in garages 24/7 for 6 months every year is not kind to seals and rubber components.
I can confirm that first-hand. My last accord was a previous FL car and the weatherstripping sealed very poorly. I also had to replace the A-arm bushings, which were cracking. Those bushings on my new 06 Accord look in pristine condition with no evidence of cracking!
As for the weatherstripping... I'm not sure how much of that to attribute to the FL summers vs. the Ozone treatment the dealer did to rid it of odor from heavy smoking of the previous owner though. The Ozone treatment is well known to dry out and damage the weatherstripping.

When installing the radio in my new 06 Accord, I noticed that it did seem to have more noise insulation padding under the dash panels than prior my 07 Accords. Has anyone else noticed that difference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know how you feel in finding a low mile pristine car. I just bought one here in Canada that was garage-stored each winter while the owners went to FL for the winter. Only 65,000 original kliometres! (about 40k miles) and no rust on an '07 SE. Loving it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice find. I would love to get my wife another 7th gen with low miles like this one. She doesn't mind her's now but she's expecting something different at least for her next car. One can only wish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts