TL-S Cams
Full HFP Lip Kit & Fog Lights
XLR8 StopTech BBK
18x9.5 Wheels
Racing Seats
J37 Build
TL 6MT

Car History
I originally had a 2007 Accord Coupe EX-L 4cyl/5AT and I got bored of it. So I saved up some money for down payment and after waiting for two years, I found a 2006 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6MT within 50 miles and traded in my Accord at the end of 2011. After a year of owning, I got out of a 3 year relationship and finally started modding very quickly. At this point, I am slowly building up while paying my car notes. I have ~$7k left w/4 yr finance and I wanna pay it off early by the the end of this year before starting on my J36/37 engine build.

Pictures

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks guys! In a week or two I should have a new set of wheels. Taking my time on the exterior because I like the "stock" look if you know what I mean :naughty:
I understand what you mean! The exterior of my 8th Gen is completely stock and I love it! Post some pics when you put your new wheels on! :thmsup:

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Installed TL-S Front 27.0mm Sway Bar and TL-S 20mm Rear Sway Bar. The rear sway bar went on with no problem, however the TL-S required modifications. I had a spacer machined to make it fit perfect. There's almost no body roll..so amazing.

Also got a custom grounding kit installed as well.

Right now I'm waiting for my Smoked Inspires to come in and should have them installed tomorrow. Will update with pics!

·
06v6coupe
144 Posts
Wow very nice!!! Im about to start my build and I just wanna do mine right the first time and I really wanted to do a j32 but I see your saying you wanna do a j35/j37 is that possible? Whats the cost so far for all your engine/exhaust mods that is on your car right now? sorry for all the dumb questions

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AEM V2-$250
NRG TQ Damper-$125
RV6 v3 PCD-$400
XLR8 v2 J-Pipe-$450
XLR8 motor mounts-$300
Clutch Masters Fx300-$1200
Custom Grounding kit-$125
Port-n-polished intake runners & manifold-$300

I will be upgrading to the 4G TL SH-AWD manifold and bore the tb.

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The J3x is basically a J32a3 engine stroked. It uses TL-S cams, RL pistons, MDX crank rods, etc. I still have much to learn about it. A built J36 will make ~300-350whp depending on the tune and parts. The cost for this build is around $5k

I will update tomorrow. It sux you cannot edit your original post :/

·
Registered
836 Posts
the car is looking good. keep it up

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thankyou! Right now saving up for a set of 07-08 TL Type-S wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires & then HFP front and rear underbody spoiler. Once I get the HFP kit, I will have the decklid spoiler & AIT roof spoiler installed along with them :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looking good man. Definitely do the 3.7 manifold / throttle body. Check my dyno thread in th 7G section. Those gains were over my already ported stock manifold too ;)

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good man. Definitely do the 3.7 manifold / throttle body. Check my dyno thread in th 7G section. Those gains were over my already ported stock manifold too ;)
Already did ;) my username over there is Foxd!e

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! I love them! The output is pretty good and it makes the car look aggressive. Awaiting my Apexi ws2 exhaust and then I gotta replace throwout bearing. I think when I had the pedal adjusted, it was engaging the master cylinder too closely.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts