Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update: so today before work, I placed my order on the HFP front and rear lip and I was scheduled to have my sideskirts and roof spoiler painted. So while at work today, this happens.

Suffice to say I'm so upset. 3rd time I ever been hit. Never have I ever been at fault in an accident. Exterior mods are gonna be on hold *:'(

·
Honda Racing Evolution
1,646 Posts
That ****s bro!! 3rd time getting hit in the same car? it must be curse :paranoid:

Btw, you use Accord for a delivery job? :eek:

·
Registered
625 Posts
oh man that ****s. was that silver caravan involved as well?

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
This car has been hit twice but my previous car which was also alabaster silver was hit in the front. And yes I use this car as a delivery. The maintenance was hell (clutch, timing belt, etc.) but overall the car has held up fine. Afterall, it is a Honda Accord, nothing fancy. The 6 gears just makes my job more fun. I am planning on retiring her from her delivery duties. A white '00 prelude will take her place if its still for sale in a few weeks. The only problem though is that the prelude has a hydrolocked motor so it would be a while to get it running.

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
oh man that ****s. was that silver caravan involved as well?
No just my car and the Cadillac. What happened was , I was at a red light behind a car (not pictured) and the light turned green. Well this was during school traffic hours so I assumed the car in front of me did not budge because he did not want to get stuck in the middle of the intersection.

So I look up and I see the cadillac coming up fast behind me and I am still at a dead stop. She tries to change lanes and swerves around me and the result is what you see in the picture. She hit me hard enough for the car to glide forward almost hitting the car in front of me. Thank God my brakes were enough to stop me. If my inspires were damaged I would've raised hell :mad:

·
Honda Racing Evolution
1,646 Posts
This car has been hit twice but my previous car which was also alabaster silver was hit in the front. And yes I use this car as a delivery. The maintenance was hell (clutch, timing belt, etc.) but overall the car has held up fine. Afterall, it is a Honda Accord, nothing fancy. The 6 gears just makes my job more fun. I am planning on retiring her from her delivery duties. A white '00 prelude will take her place if its still for sale in a few weeks. The only problem though is that the prelude has a hydrolocked motor so it would be a while to get it running.
But it still is a decent car. To be honest I have also thought about using my Accord for deliveries but decided against it because at the end of the day its still is a expensive car to replace or to repair or to maintain as of now. If it was early 7th gen or 6th gen I wouldn't mind or care. I would buy like a 98,99,2000 civic for this kind of work. Just my opinion but its your life and your decision :thumbsup:

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Besides the clutch and timing belt, the maintenance isn't bad at all. I have not had any engine or tranny problems. As long as you don't beat on the car all the time and change the oil then you're golden. If I had a chance to do it again, I wouldve bought a beater car for this job after saving up enough money. I've racked up so many miles. (100 miles a day commuting to work and delivering) I can honestly say though that Hondas are indeed reliable for this job. Hopefully the prelude will still be for sale. My personal mechanic who does 90% of the work on my car has prelude parts that he can fix the hydrolocked motor with.

But yeah an older car might be better due to the risk that comes with this job. Today was a great example. The police report won't be ready until next week so I pray and hope there is no frame damage.

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You have to order them from overseas. Not cheap at all. $800 alone and they are not plug and play. I see you're in Houston. What area? I have friend's there and may be dropping by in the near future. Maybe we can meet up.

·
K24a8 06 Accord EX I4 A/T
6 Posts
Yeah i did some research on them pretty expensive although they look great! And i stay in the south west by Stanford...the westbury area let me know what's up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Good news: Car was almost totaled out. Luckily the adjuster knows the owner of the paint shop I took it to and wrote out a check with the estimated amount the shop quoted me. Seeing how much paint work was involved, 3/5 of the car was being resprayed and blended. I decided to fork out another $1k to respray the rest as well as getting my carbon fiber roof spoiler, side skirts, custom decklid spoiler and rear lip (discontinued in my color) painted as well.

Bad news: Car may not be the same but my mechanic who works next door has faith in the guy doing the body work and I am gonna be without my car for another week or so :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good news: Car was almost totaled out. Luckily the adjuster knows the owner of the paint shop I took it to and wrote out a check with the estimated amount the shop quoted me. Seeing how much paint work was involved, 3/5 of the car was being resprayed and blended. I decided to fork out another $1k to respray the rest as well as getting my carbon fiber roof spoiler, side skirts, custom decklid spoiler and rear lip (discontinued in my color) painted as well.

Bad news: Car may not be the same but my mechanic who works next door has faith in the guy doing the body work and I am gonna be without my car for another week or so :(
Awesome! So you get to keep your Accord, and not only that but new paint job too ! :banana: It will look very nice after I bet !

I was in a wreck 6 months ago.... I went out and bought another Cherokee after this as knee jerk reaction(owned another red one for 5 months), but I decided I wanted a more street friendly vehicle. :)

I was in the outside lane, and a Mitsubishi Montero full size SUV was turning left in front of me, I swerved to the left lane to avoid, but he hit the side and I nearly rolled over.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Damn....sorry to hear about your car bro. Hope it all works out.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
The pics of the wreck makes me tear up :bawling: People are so friggin' clueless, it's not even funny. #1 if it's during school hours, the stupid broad shouldn't have been going faster than 20mph! #2 How are you supposed to see small children crossing if you can't even notice that a car with three LED brake lights is at a DEAD STOP. Thank goodness that you are alright and only the vehicles were injured. It could've been a lot worse. I would've fell out of the car, grabbed my neck and sued her for every penny she had. The woman's driving a Caddy, she could afford it :tongue:

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Awesome! So you get to keep your Accord, and not only that but new paint job too ! :banana: It will look very nice after I bet !

I was in a wreck 6 months ago.... I went out and bought another Cherokee after this as knee jerk reaction(owned another red one for 5 months), but I decided I wanted a more street friendly vehicle. :)

I was in the outside lane, and a Mitsubishi Montero full size SUV was turning left in front of me, I swerved to the left lane to avoid, but he hit the side and I nearly rolled over.

Ooooh that's scary bro. I can't handle another accident. The feeling of another vehicle ramming yours is breathtaking. Almost had a heart attack

41 - 60 of 95 Posts