Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Accord 2006 EX-L Nav. 2.4l with 123K miles
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to fix an oil leak for almost two years coming from the Vtec Solenoid and no matter what it continues to leak, but lately it started to leak even more than usual, so checked the solenoid and found oil on the top of the Vtec solenoid assy. See pictures below.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

Product Font Cylinder Gas Machine

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Engineering Auto part Metal

Already got that 18x1.5 mm O-ring to replace, but just wonder if I need a special socket to remove the oil pressure switch??

What do you guys think? Is the leak coming from that O-ring? Does not seem to come from the valve cover gasket which I replaced a year ago (OEM and torqued properly).

Thanks in advance.

Video:

·
ziptie princess
2,138 Posts
if you're some kind of wizard, maybe

hard to get the right size wrench in there (firewall and exhaust manifold will be in the way) and the sensor is a bit too big for most 22mm sockets to fit

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just replaced the O-ring, it keeps leaking from the top. From the same, oil switch area. Is coming from where the plastic connector meets the metal. So I need the entire oil pressure switch.

At 127k miles I think it's just better to get an entire new spool valve right?

They are $160 at ebay from an OEM honda parts seller, the rest are between $35 and $40.

·
Prefers to shift his own gears
956 Posts
Just replaced the O-ring, it keeps leaking from the top. From the same, oil switch area. Is coming from where the plastic connector meets the metal. So I need the entire oil pressure switch.

At 127k miles I think it's just better to get an entire new spool valve right?

They are $160 at ebay from an OEM honda parts seller, the rest are between $35 and $40.
Try a site like Jim White Honda or hondapartsnow.com so you know you're getting true OEM parts. Ebay and Amazon can be sketchy for "oem or oem like" parts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use Hondapartsnow but it's not in stock.

I had bought oem parts from Hondacity auto Parts at Ebay. Here's the link at the OEM part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts