Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'15 Accord Sedan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the freeway heading back home from work. While I was driving by a road work area, I notice something hit my car. It was in the road work area so I assumed it was a rock flying from the ground. Once I got home, I checked to see if there was any damage and there was scratch mark and it didn't look like it was caused by rock. I think my Accord was side swipe by some bad driver that swerved into my lane, but I never got sideswipe so I honestly didn't think that was the case. Anyway here's the LINK to the picture for the damage. There was no dent or anything, just seems like paint scratch, though it's kind of late and I haven't got time to confirm whether that is just paint coming off of the other car or the black layer paint got damaged.

Assuming that the black layer got damaged, anyone know how much it would cost to repair/repaint? The damage is on the backdoor panel and the panel above the back wheel.

·
'15 Accord Sedan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've contacted the dealer repair service to ask for the cost too. Might have to look into the insurance side of thing if it's too expensive.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Can't see the pictures, but maybe it was tire tread from an 18 wheeler. I have never hit one but I hear they can really tear your sh*t up..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can't see the pictures, but maybe it was tire tread from an 18 wheeler. I have never hit one but I hear they can really tear your sh*t up..

Yep. Been hit by one on the highway. Caused more damage than I thought. We were on a road trip when we were hit by it, and by the time we got home, the front bumper was practically coming off. Drove to the dealership and we were told that several clips were torn out. I'll see if I can find the pictures.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks like a paint transfer type of scratch that will buff out with some polishing compound. I wouldn't have a coronary over it. Just buff it out and get on with your day =)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like a paint transfer type of scratch that will buff out with some polishing compound. I wouldn't have a coronary over it. Just buff it out and get on with your day =)
I agree with this 100%. Go to YouTube and look up a detailed under the user name "autofetish" he has a video on there about how to remove paint transfer. I believe he uses a solution of 50% water and 50% rubbing alcohol. He uses that solution to spray on and then rubs it with a magic eraser. Then he polishes and then waxes. Cost you a total of $100 maybe for all the supplies (including the DA polisher and pads). It will be so worth it too IMO

·
'15 Accord Sedan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't notice any blown tire or any truck when it happened so probably not that.

Yeah I'm going to do it over this July 4th weekend when I finally have some free time to clean & check the marks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts