Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, don't know too much about audio but just got back from getting my old orion 12" sub with kenwood 1000w amp installed on my accord coupe 15'. It's pretty loud, even when i turn down the sub all the way down in the settings. I also change the Factory flat setting back to off and still it sounds weirdly loud. Are there any other settings I can adjust besides the imid audio settings? Its already on -6 for the sub, and the bass is lowered too with treble all the way high. Do I need to turn off the ANC? Looks like they tapped into the factory sub and installed a LOC. That's about all i know =\. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like you need to turn the gain down on your amp.
^ what he said and if your using a LOC like you mentioned, you should be able to adjust it there as well. Some have the option to make adjustments and some of the cheap ones don't.

Good luck, I know your pain. My 12 alpine type R in a slot vent enclosure is running 700w RMS at 1ohm. That thing is stupid loud in a smaller car. I bought it for my old jeep wrangler unlimited with lots of open cabin space.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually I just rewired my LOC and am experiencing the same issue. I had best buy install it originally to the rear speakers, both right and left and it ran fine with a bit of bass drowning out the mids, but wasn't too bad I suppose. However, I rewired it by cutting the cables to the speakers and hooking it up directly to the factory sub wire. Adjusting the gain on the Headunit, the amp, and the LOC doesn't seem to solve this issue...

I think I may just have solved my own problem in my head as I write this...

Chiuey can you post a pic of the connector they used? And how it's wired? I have reason to believe that it's because they bridged both the channels on the LOC to the single channel factory sub, that we are getting unclean over bass. I am going to run to the store to see if I can get a rca splitter so that I can connect only one channel on the LOC and only hook up one RCA to it. Then from there I will get a rca splitter (from 1 to 2) to go to the amp from that one channel that's hooked up on the LOC. I'm almost confident that will fix the issue!

Also, on a somewhat related topic, I managed to soundproof my rear deck so there is no more rattling! 100% improvement in sound! And even with the overpass, there is no rattling. If any of you guys is interested in how to do this, let me know. If there are enough of you then I will do a write up with pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts