Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My factory alarm in my 99 Accord EX keeps going off - even while driving! A couple of weeks ago my key fob finally died (I guess?) and so I've been unlocking and locking my car doors just with my key. But tonight it seems that the alarm just goes off for no reason.

Should we disconnect the battery?
Should we disconnect the horn fuse? Where is that anyway?
I saw another thread that suggested looking at the switches for both the trunk latch and the hood latch -- but that's hard to do when the alarm won't even let me open the hood or the trunk!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Nic

·
Also available in sober.
370 Posts
Get a battery for the key fob and disarm it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Get a battery for the key fob and disarm it.
How much do batteries cost? Do you need a new key? I remember for my moms old '94 ES 300, it was like $600 for the key, and like $900 for the key with the unlock button.

·
Also available in sober.
370 Posts
How much do batteries cost? Do you need a new key? I remember for my moms old '94 ES 300, it was like $600 for the key, and like $900 for the key with the unlock button.
Battery replacement for the fob should not cost much at all. Getting the fob working again would solve the issue most likely though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I found out what type of battery it takes so I'm going to head over to the auto parts store now to see if that works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Battery replacement for the fob should not cost much at all. Getting the fob working again would solve the issue most likely though.
Replacing the battery (~$5 at Radio Shack) in the key fob did the trick. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts