Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

so i've been lurking around the audio forums for some time now, and finally took the plunge! out $500 but hopefully well worth it...

Here's what i've got so far,

eD NINe.2 Amp
eD e9.65i components
eDead 45
eDead V4
Axxess interface ADCT4 DIFFERENTIAL CONVERTER 4-CHANNEL
and of course wiring/fuse/etc

i'm planning on running them to the front door/tweeter in OEM location. The specs on the equipment are really good, the speakers i'm a little iffy about, but the reviews for them were great so i'm gonna try them out, hopefully do a review for anyone else interested in any of these products.

Any input if you've used this stuff would be great!

thanks guys

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've never used eD gear and don't know much about the speakers, but people seem to really like their subs and amps. I actually have a friend that swears by the subs.

Not sure how much their eDead mat has improved in the past couple years, but their older butyl stuff (2008) was junk. Don/SDS has a good post about it, and how they handled it, right here. Hopefully they've improved it since then.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the e9.65i i got for 190 so i figured they had to be better then anything else in that price range, the 315MSRP or 225 sale price would've been a little too much... but i can't say until i hear them myself...

hopefully the amp/speakers setup will be worth it...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey,
okay one quick question. with the Axxess interface ADCT4 do i splice the inputs pre-amp? or post amp? this audio stuff is pretty confusing, never used to be this complicated before!

·
Registered
628 Posts
it's a line level converter, it converts the stock HU's output to a line level RCA for the amp input.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but line converter pre-amp or post-amp? Like to I have to splice in before the amp? Or can I do it at the factory crossover?

As for the v1 and v4 stuff, I installed it on one door about a week and a half ago, and we've had a few 80degree days, so I figure the inside of the door has hit 100 at this point, I opened it up and nothing had even moved, so, so far it's held up nicely... Guess onlynheat will tell next year!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah but line converter pre-amp or post-amp? Like to I have to splice in before the amp? Or can I do it at the factory crossover?
I would splice that into the speaker leads after the stock amp. You know that'll be a 'normal' speaker-level input, which is what you need for the LOC.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks jperryss! worked like a charm! i was just confused cause the LOC from axxess actually says its a differential line converter, so i didn't understand how post-amp would be differential... but it works great and its clean! no static or anything... very happy

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay so with everything in... i'm not happy still... when i hook up the ipod directly to the amp it sounds nice, clean, loud and no distortion! with it hooked up to the factory deck though at high volumes there's distortions and just seems like the audio is too EQ'd and no all there... i have the ADCT4 and was told it was a differential line converter, right now i have it hooked up to speaker levels... i'm wondering if i can move it to preamp and if it will clean up the sound a bit...

this is what the packaging says with the ADCT4
Be sure that all audio input connections are polarized or in phase with each other.

i can't find any more info anywhere else!

thanks guys!

Kash

·
Registered
926 Posts
This is why i always preach about getting a processor

Processor would clean the signal up, and you'll get all the features one should have in a system. Crossovers, massive eq, time alignment, etc etc

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i didn't wanna spend on the processor right away, i just dished out 600 to dynamat the whole thing, amp and speakers, wires etc... damn processors aren't cheap either! and it i'm spending 200 on a processor and 200 on a new GPS in like 8-9 months... then i might as well spend 6-700 and get a double din unit...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts