Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!! I just picked this up yesterday (4/19/06) with only 2 miles on the odometer. Today has more than 250 miles already. :D Since the weather is so beautiful out there, I took a few pics. Let me know what you guys think. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
Congrats & enjoy. :thmsup:

What part of Raleigh do you live in? I'm in N Ral near Shelly Lake. :)

My Accord is a blast ot drive on Raleigh's roads. It's like driving NASCAR everyday. :lmao:

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I live near Crabtree Valley Mall on Glenwood. Driving in Raleigh is fun...but I get extremely paranoid especially now that I just bought this car.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice car, good choice on the color :thmsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Accord LX SE

Just got a new Accord LX SE manual myself in Graphite Pearl. I live in Raleigh too and am moving near the Crabtree valley area myself in a couple of weeks.
I like the color too, looks nice. Have been driving all week myself and have close to 300 miles in a few days. Been very careful with driving ... suddenly I feel I trust no one on the road. I guess it comes with finally owning a car that has a great paint job, doesn't rattle and drives silky smooth.

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!! It really did took me long (more than 3 months) to pick this car. I was torn between the Mazda3s Grand Touring and the Accord. They both cost about the same (Mazda was 22k (won't budge on price) and the Accord was 22.5 after a few email exchanges) while the Mazda3 gets a little more gadgets like HID headlights, rain sensing wipers and the Bose system. But after driving that car a few times, I felt claustrophobic in it so I decided on the Accord.

And add insult to injury, my dad drives a '90 Accord LX with 235k miles on it and my mom drives a '98 Accord EX-V6 with 73k miles on it and they just bought an '05 Odyssey EX-L last year. Hondas are just reliable and I just love everything about it so that's why I went with an Accord. Yeah...I sacrificed on the HID headlights and rain sensing wipers, but after a couple of days behind the wheel, I am not missing anything at all. :D

nkriplani, congrats on your LX SE! We all Raleigh-ans have to get together sometime!!

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
WolfpackBill said:
Thanks! I live near Crabtree Valley Mall on Glenwood. Driving in Raleigh is fun...but I get extremely paranoid especially now that I just bought this car.
Don't be paranoid! Be one with the road! :D I understand the paranoia thing. New cars are great but until you get that first dreaded ding, trust no one! I Have to admit, even after the car is 2 and 3 years old, I still park at the outer reaches of parking lots and avoid sap dripping trees. :paranoid:

nkriplani, congrats on your new purchase, too. :thmsup:

The Crab Tree area and Briar Creek seem to be two of the most popular places in N Ral right now. :yes: I'm not even 5 minutes from the Crab Tree mall. We should start a Raleigh club. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good luck, I have the exact same car and love it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought my Carbon Bronze Pearl this weekend as well, Got the I4 5AT EXL-W\Navi. Mine came with the ivory interior, which is what I wanted. Had the mud guards thrown in and installed as part of the deal. Love this color, I had the choice between Carbon Bronze and White. The odo had 6 miles on it when we looked at it so no one else drove it. :banana:
On the way home from picking up the car I stopped at our local tint shop and had a 3M clear bra put on before I got any chips on the hood. (My trade in which was an 04, already had 3 or 4 pea sized chips, not letting that happen again).

Scott.

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats!! No navi for me...especially when it's $2k. My PocketPC navi is working just fine. :D I just ordered an autodimming mirror last night. After having 2 cars with those mirrors really spoiled me. After the mirror, that's all the mods I'll be doing for a while (no more money in the bank) but when I saved up more money, I'll definitely be getting the windows tinted. Having black leather is great, but when the sun hits it, it sizzles. :p

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks nice! I'd be leary parking next to that POS car you parked by in those pics. The owner of that car probably doesn't care about door dings and could hit your new car.

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Steve!!! I'm not too worried about the car beside me. That car rarely moves. Plus, his other car is an '05 Volvo S40 so that's why the POS rarely moves.

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update!

Update!! I have removed the pin stripes. The car looks sooooo much better now. Also, I have grown pretty accustomed to the car already. It's an awesome car. Remember last week, I said the car had only 2 miles on it? Well, today, Saturday, 5/6, the car has over 800 miles on it. I'll be on a business trip in Charlotte and then a company paid fun weekend up in Williamsburg, VA next weekend, the car can hit 2000 miles easily by the end of next weekend!! I'll keep ya'll posted! :D

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tons Of Pics!!!

Thanks guys!! Just an update...the car has over 1500 miles on it now. Going to Williamsburg tonight for the weekend so I'll be racking up even more miles. LOL

Alright...I clayed the car and slapped some Klasse SG on it. It looks and feels phanomonal!! Here're the pics:

Gotta love them hood shots!! :D

Back at my parents' house for a couple of days. And since all the Accords are here, I figured I should take a few shots. From the left: '06 Accord EX-L, '98 Accord EX-VL, '90 Accord LX

We also have an '05 Odyssey EX-L too but it has gone to work so it's not at the house so no pics included with that car. Tell me what you guys think.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts