Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, this is the worst day :mad: and what's even worse it got stolen while parked in the community where I live. Is there a tracking device in the 2010 ex-v6 w/nav ? I need advice asap. Thank you

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,261 Posts
Sorry to hear that. No tracking device I know of. Report it to the police and insurance company ASAP and that's all you reall can do.

·
Registered
851 Posts
sorry to hear that. Many things getting stolen to day...
im guessing you didnt have lojack installed?
also if you dont mind, how did it get stolen? keys were in the car?
Also, did you take the GAP insurance?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your car! Hopefully they find it intact without any damage, or at least major damage.

How much does a LoJack cost?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sorry bout that. What are the details. Were the doors locked? Were the keys left in the car? Did anyone have access to the keys? Do you think it may have been towed? Do your friends drive Japanese cars, such as Civics, Accords, Scions, etc?

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. I know the feeling - when I was a kid my Mom had the same car stolen twice. The feeling of being violated like that by some scumbag to fund their drug habit is just nauseating.

·
Vtec Pwr
513 Posts
Sorry bout that. What are the details. Were the doors locked? Were the keys left in the car? Did anyone have access to the keys? Do you think it may have been towed? Do your friends drive Japanese cars, such as Civics, Accords, Scions, etc?
Why would it matter if his friends drive japanese cars? :dunno:

Anyways, man that ****s. As someone said before contact your insurance ASAP. Goodluck with all this crap bro

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
LoJack

I think I paid around 900.00 for Lojack. It was part of the finance. Having had 2 cars stolen during my lifetime (both for parts because they were old, one recovered partially stripped) it was an investment I could not pass by. There is nothing worse than going to your car and realizing it is not there. You rationalize it in every way. I parked it somewhere else, someone in the family borrowed it, where could it be? It really should be offered by dealers as part of a the purchase. It really would cut down on theft it they are serious about it. How many of us just walk by alarms going off nowadays. They are like backround noise. I truly hope you get your car back.

·
TL A-Specs RUBY------CURB
931 Posts
This really s u c k s man. Make sure you do inform the police and also your insurance company. Also make sure if they do recover your vehicle, try and work with the insurance to see if you can refuse to take the car back. Only reason being, there might be something missing from the vehicle that you dont know about and it could cost you major $$ in the future to fix it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That blows, I feel for you. I have had my car stolen before, so I know how violated you must feel.

Like others said notify the police and insurance company asap.

Good luck and I hope they find your car (in the same condition) and the bastards who took it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
OP never responded, so no idea if keys were left in it. If not, due to the immobilizer the only other way it could be stolen is by a tow truck. Why anyone would go through the expense to tow an Accord is beyond me, thus I'm thinking the OP is a little embarrassed to admit he left the car running with the keys in the ignition while running back inside for something. If that is what happened, no need to be embarrassed, just learn from it for the next time.

I read something a year or so ago that with so many new cars coming with engine immobilizers, the car thief's now just wait until people run into a store or something quick and leave the car running as the main way to steal newer cars.

·
Banned
885 Posts
OP never responded, so no idea if keys were left in it. If not, due to the immobilizer the only other way it could be stolen is by a tow truck. Why anyone would go through the expense to tow an Accord is beyond me, thus I'm thinking the OP is a little embarrassed to admit he left the car running with the keys in the ignition while running back inside for something. If that is what happened, no need to be embarrassed, just learn from it for the next time.

I read something a year or so ago that with so many new cars coming with engine immobilizers, the car thief's now just wait until people run into a store or something quick and leave the car running as the main way to steal newer cars.
i was curious about the circumstances of the theft, also. i hope the OP comes back.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Why would it matter if his friends drive japanese cars? :dunno:
Because in many cases, so-called friends will rip you off. If they are into the same kinds of cars with the same kinds of mods, audio, wheels, etc., then they can't be ruled out. They know what you have, where you are, where you park, etc.
I didn't not say it was his friends. I'm simply saying they can't be automatically overlooked as suspects. But the reality is, friends can also be some of the jackers. That is my observation.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That ****s, good luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
+1 and other than that...the keyless start systems being cloned via proximity rfid like (it's not true RFID) sniffers/cloning-- it's rampant w/ newer Vette's I read in some periodical.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts