Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I hope you find your car! And if not, good luck with the police and the insurance company. My boyfriend had his Prelude stolen about 7 years ago. Every week for five years, the police called him harassing him about how he stole his own car. The insurance company refused to insure another Prelude. Let's hope they allow you to buy another Accord!

What really ****s is when you're driving down the road and see parts from your car on another car.... :thumbsdow

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I paid around 900.00 for Lojack. It was part of the finance. Having had 2 cars stolen during my lifetime (both for parts because they were old, one recovered partially stripped) it was an investment I could not pass by. There is nothing worse than going to your car and realizing it is not there. You rationalize it in every way. I parked it somewhere else, someone in the family borrowed it, where could it be? It really should be offered by dealers as part of a the purchase. It really would cut down on theft it they are serious about it. How many of us just walk by alarms going off nowadays. They are like backround noise. I truly hope you get your car back.
Sure you could get LoJack but IMHO it isn't really worth it...

Here's how it's defeated....

say your car gets stolen, the thevies will park the car somewhere and wait a few days to see if it's hot or not...if it's still there, they assume it doesn't have LoJack and is good to go.

Other than that, it's easy to find the LoJack transmitter and battery pack...

Sure they install it while in the garage or don't tell you where it is, but twice I've found them way too easy and could've put it somewhere and activate it and all it will just do is lead police to a trash bin or taped to a fence post.

In order to activate LoJack, you need a police report #, call LoJack and they send the signal out to activate the LoJack to start transmitting and it's like a homing beacon once it's activated. The officer in the patrol car (if equipped with LoJack tracking device) enters a code into the system, it tracks where the signal is coming from and when they get close, they look for the car.

Most insurance companies won't pay for stolen car if they found out the key was left in the car.

I guess with one exceptation if you've been carjacked or your house was robbed and the car keys were on your nightstand or hanging on the wall and the car was in the driveway or garage while you're away...

·
kevster.
217 Posts
Because in many cases, so-called friends will rip you off. If they are into the same kinds of cars with the same kinds of mods, audio, wheels, etc., then they can't be ruled out. They know what you have, where you are, where you park, etc.
I didn't not say it was his friends. I'm simply saying they can't be automatically overlooked as suspects. But the reality is, friends can also be some of the jackers. That is my observation.
:yes: I support this comment. The people you meet at cruise ins, etc.. could have followed him home and staked it out for a few weeks or so,than stole the car. or just some thieve who saw him driving down the road and followed him home. I always watch for drivers who follow me around, ya never know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Friends, this is the worst day :mad: and what's even worse it got stolen while parked in the community where I live. Is there a tracking device in the 2010 ex-v6 w/nav ? I need advice asap. Thank you
I feel your pain ,but there is hope because there is alot of after market devices you can buy for tracking ,Im confused by the other comments ,one is offered by Sprint chek it out

·
Registered
220 Posts
Captain Justice - glad to have you with us, but there's no need to respond to a 9 year old thread!

- Jack

·
Past Doritos Spinner
3,931 Posts
I feel your pain ,but there is hope because there is alot of after market devices you can buy for tracking ,Im confused by the other comments ,one is offered by Sprint chek it out
9 years too late buddy.

And as a general rule, wish your car is never recovered. It will probably be stripped down and missing a ton of stuff if you get it back. If they sell the car in one piece, it will be sold off to a far away country. Just take whatever insurance gives you and walk away.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts