Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one day in as a new Accord owner (yay me!) and coming from a Mazda 6 with all leather interior, I never appreciated having so much padding which is a bit lacking in the Sport trim. But nonetheless, this is my budget solution! My OCD would typically never allow this kind of a solution but thankfully it's not in my line of sight when driving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm one day in as a new Accord owner (yay me!) and coming from a Mazda 6 with all leather interior, I never appreciated having so much padding which is a bit lacking in the Sport trim. But nonetheless, this is my budget solution! My OCD would typically never allow this kind of a solution but thankfully it's not in my line of sight when driving.
View attachment 516748
View attachment 516749
View attachment 516750
Thank you, I give this solution a shot ASAP.

I actually been using one of those sticky gel pads as a pad for my knee but it's a bit too small in size; I reported the problem of my knees getting bruised during a JD Powell Survey that Honda Canada sent, so hopefully this gets address in the later Accords... .

·
Registered
111 Posts
That’s a decent solution! Coming from a Dodge Charger, I too noticed the hard plastic on the outer edge of my right knee. I’m 6’1” and have 34” inseam. I wish the steering wheel would would telescope more too. Oh well, it’s not terrible but definitely not as comfortable as my Charger.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually sit pretty far back. All my friends taller than me wonder how I even drive like that. My knee mostly hits when my foot is resting either at a red or parked. But when I'm driving more relaxed, like cruising on the freeway, it still sometimes hits. I just like to bow my legs open a lot I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why not move your seat back further and pull the steering wheel closer to you? How tall are you because I am 6’ 1” and my knee has never hit my dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The seat and steering wheel are set correctly, during long drives your knee can rest against the hard plastic that curves down from the Start Button. Putting a pad solves the problem.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That's actually a nice upgrade. Compliments the knee airbag. More than a dozen years ago I was T-boned at an intersection, hit my leg at that exact spot and got a light bruise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 516748
View attachment 516749
View attachment 516750
Nice idea and easy fix. Plus the fix kind of blends in well with the dash texture. I do not have that problem. My leg tends to rest just below that area where the padding goes along the left side of the shifter. That strip is padded and softer, at least it is in the touring. Nice job you did.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice idea and easy fix. Plus the fix kind of blends in well with the dash texture. I do not have that problem. My leg tends to rest just below that area where the padding goes along the left side of the shifter. That strip is padded and softer, at least it is in the touring. Nice job you did.
I was thinking about getting that padded piece you mentioned but I think I'm going to hold off on it for now. I believe only the Touring and the EX-L have that piece padded, all else is hard plastic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1 on both: i) Nice idea! ii) Never been an issue for me. I, too have a Touring. But my leg also rests against that lower, horizontal trim piece, which is softer. I am 6'5" tall and have the seat all the way back and down.

·
Just here for the food
1,820 Posts
Like others, I am also 6’5 and have never had an issue with my knee rubbing the dash (although I’m in a 9th gen now, came from an 8th gen, and sat in a 10th gen like twice ever). My seat is all the way back and down, and the steering wheel pretty much all the way out.
Great fix, though. I may implement this for the side of my seat. Recently installed a leather seat cover/cushion because i hate getting stuck to the cloth seats when i get in, and it makes that beautiful squeak/screech sound when it rubs against the center console and it drives me insane lol. Right now i have a microfiber cloth fixed between them but it’s super tacky. So this is a great find.

·
Triangle wins
35 Posts
this is my budget solution!
15 month old MT Sport, this has been a significant problem with me from day 1...just too lazy to fix it, but will try your solution which looks perfect. @xoneatom Does the black come off on light colored pants?

For those who don't get it, at 6'2" it would be fine with an AT with the seat all the way back, but with MT I have to lean forward to reach 1,3,5 gear on the shifter. Most bothersome in cruise control when my gangly right leg is ralaxed and sprawling to the right.
(see same complaint in this thread)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
15 month old MT Sport, this has been a significant problem with me from day 1...just too lazy to fix it, but will try your solution which looks perfect. @xoneatom Does the black come off on light colored pants?

For those who don't get it, at 6'2" it would be fine with an AT with the seat all the way back, but with MT I have to lean forward to reach 1,3,5 gear on the shifter. Most bothersome in cruise control when my gangly right leg is ralaxed and sprawling to the right.
(see same complaint in this thread)
Yes! You get what I mean! Haha I sit maybe 2/3rd the way back, I'm just within reach of the far gears. The black doesn't come off from my small time of having it. The material is just a soft foam, almost like a workout mat.

·
Triangle wins
35 Posts
So I happened to have a piece of packing material laying around (i.e. hoarded) that looks similar to xoneatom's photo above, right down to the thickness and color. Glued it into the same spot as in his photo about 2 weeks ago and it's made all the difference in the world. Blends right in. Should have done it a year ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts