Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan. When driving, the passenger "door open" light keeps coming on on my dashboard, and then off. This especially happens at high speeds.

I also notice that when my car is locked, if I try to open the exterior door handle on the passenger side, the interior lights come on, but not for the driver side door. Not sure why this is? Let me know,

Shickaless

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I also get unwelcome lights when driving fast. Flashing red and blue in the rear view mirror. It's normal operation.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
The only way the car senses the door being open is the door switch. Take a good look at it and make sure it is working properly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,196 Posts
If that doesn't work it may be the multiplex module that deals with ll the interior features.

I had a weird thing happen on my old acura CL-S, The high beams would flicker back and forth with the headlights on. Found out is was a module box under the steering column by my knee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan. When driving, the passenger "door open" light keeps coming on on my dashboard, and then off. This especially happens at high speeds.

I also notice that when my car is locked, if I try to open the exterior door handle on the passenger side, the interior lights come on, but not for the driver side door. Not sure why this is? Let me know,

Shickaless
Apparently it was my door lock striker that was loose. However, I notice that the passenger side front door is not as flush as it should be. Is it difficult to get it adjusted?

·
HK Moderator
13,377 Posts
Is it difficult to get it adjusted?
No, you just drop it off at the dealer and then they do what they do and then you pay THE MAN. No more difficult than having your engine rebuilt or having your car washed.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Is this car rebuilt? It is very unusual to have both a loose striker plate and an out of line door. Unless this car was involved in a severe accident.

Plenty of videos that show you how to realign a door.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,868 Posts
I'm guessing the car has a prior history involving the door(s) being damaged, or something happened to the door recently that the OP forgot to mention.

Either way it would seem you are aware of the problem area, and just need to have it corrected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm guessing the car has a prior history involving the door(s) being damaged, or something happened to the door recently that the OP forgot to mention.

Either way it would seem you are aware of the problem area, and just need to have it corrected.
It is weird, but I tightened the plate so everything seems fine. My car is like 9 years old, so the 1.5 MM off from being flush might just be ware and tear and I guess. It's at 260,000 KMs.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,196 Posts
The striker (the thing mounted to the car that the latch hooks on to) is not just bolted on directly. There is movement to adjust it if you loosen the bolts you'll see it moves to hep adjust the door positioning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts