Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Accord" and "Special Edition" emblems both fell off. I found the Accord but the Special Edition is gone.....what can I use to get the crud off without ruining the paint?

Now to search for a SE badge.

·
Bout it, Bout it
737 Posts
My "EX" emblem fell off sometime back in 2005. Before I could even get the left over goop off, I was rear ended and the new bumper took care of everything :thmsup:.

·
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT
189 Posts
Emblems are cheap. Order a new one for a few dollars from any of the online Honda dealers. I have had a 98 and 99, the "Accord" and the "LX" have fallen off on both. Common issue, apparently the sticky gives out after 10 years or so.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My "EX" emblem fell off sometime back in 2005. Before I could even get the left over goop off, I was rear ended and the new bumper took care of everything :thmsup:.
The old stuff is hard like a rock. I tried lighter fluid which normaly works, but this stuff won't budge. I'm almost thinking I need to be rear ended.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Get some Goo Gone like Aviography said. When I took mine off, it's what I used. It was also rock hard, so I had to soak my residue in the stuff. Also, try heating it up with a hair dryer or something to help the process out some as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts