Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2007 Accord EX-L V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ony had my baby 3 months and this happened....

I was driving appraching an intersection in town. I had no light or stop sign, the other two directions did. The lady pulled out from the left, crossing 3 other lanes...I hit the brakes, but couldnt stop in time. To top it all off, she had no valid drivers license! Thankfully she had insurance, but the companys taking forever to sort things out, this happened on monday! Now my poor baby has a few boo-boos :( Bandaids dont help this one sadly...

Attachments

·
Banned
259 Posts
Hope your okay, its always bad to see a Honda in this condition. This car will need more than a few band-aids, probably surgery with a few stitches.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
That stinks!
At least she had insurance. It will take a little while to sort things out, but there are things you can do to make it turn in your favor.
First of all, if you report the accident to your insurer, they will likely take over dealing with the other insurance company. The other persons insurance is likely to 'encourage' you to use their approved shop for the work. This may not matter to you, or it might. I have a guy I use for any body work and he isn't usually on the lists of less than reputable insurance carriers (he charges a little more, but does amazing work). The last time someone crunched my car, his insurance company was one of the many sub-standard companies out there and wanted to pay less than the cost to fix (unless I used their substandard shop). I called my insurance company for help. My insurance company paid for the fix and ended up getting refunded by the sub-standard company.
Of course, if you have sub-standard insurance, this won't help.
(examples of sun-standard insurance companies would be The General, e-surance, etc.).
Also, you could go get estimates now (before they tell you where to go) and when they start talking about money, you have estimates from shops you prefer to send them. That way, if they make you a cash offer, you'll know if they are close.
Again, sorry to hear about your accident. You are okay (I assume), and that's the most important thing.

·
2007 Accord EX-L V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Im ok. The insurance guy finally called about 15 minutes ago so hopefully we can get things going now! I want my local Honda dealer to do the body work, and i think they will allow me to do that.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
I like the band-aids! :lmao::lmao:

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

·
07 Sdn
395 Posts
Definitely "failed to yield the right off way" on the part of the other driver. Make sure you tell the insurance that there was absolutely no way for you to react to get out of the way. In some States if you say you tried to avoid the dumb driver you'll get hit with 10-20% of the cost.

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
Let's hope it gets fixed good as new :thmsup:

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Make sure OEM parts are the only thing on your car, sadly I got into a front end accident and got slapped with an ABS Plastic aftermarket bumper and I believe my grille is also aftermarket.

·
2007 Accord EX-L V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure OEM parts are the only thing on your car, sadly I got into a front end accident and got slapped with an ABS Plastic aftermarket bumper and I believe my grille is also aftermarket.
if its from the Honda dealership isnt that all they carry? ive never had this problem before, thankfully.

·
Registered
230 Posts
♥Blue_Accord♥;712883 said:
Yes Im ok. The insurance guy finally called about 15 minutes ago so hopefully we can get things going now! I want my local Honda dealer to do the body work, and i think they will allow me to do that.

dealerships dont do body work.. the just bring it to the body shop they use and charge a shit load of more money... better off searching for a good shop and trying to get something extra out of it like any scratches fixed or your head and tail lights tinted....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
^ My dealership had a body shop around back, but they're very rare. You won't find many dealerships with body shops.

That being said, they won't necessarily do the best work. I had my driver's door skin and mirror replaced about a year ago, and the oversprayed paint is already fading, my driver's door rattles, auto up window won't go up all the way, and the repaired door is generally worse than it was before the accident.

IMO do your research, and pick a good body shop.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
Some Honda dealerships do body work. The local dealership has it's own body shop.

·
Registered
235 Posts
dealerships dont do body work.. the just bring it to the body shop they use and charge a shit load of more money... better off searching for a good shop and trying to get something extra out of it like any scratches fixed or your head and tail lights tinted....
Not true. The dealer I bought my 04 from is the same one I'm going to to get my damage fixed. You go around back and visit their nice state of the art repair work facility. Not all dealers have their own body shops, but if you search, more then likely you'll find one with one.

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Well thats good that ur ok =D...but ur lucky you had ur car for 3 months i had mine for 2 DAYS! =( got flooded through the intake and my insurance is poking it big time they still havent approved anything and its been over a week since i filed the claim =(...and yeah my shop sends it to another place to get body work done and that place is amazing they do awesome work, but hopefully u get a good body shop to get it all fixed =D

·
Registered
230 Posts
well im saying most dealerships don't... but they do over price your better off searching around...

·
Wishing for AWD Accord!
126 Posts
my sister in law had 2 minor accidents and insurance paid cash for it and she found a same color fender and bumper and installed them. Overall insurance companies paid as much as her car worth. So she is driving a free car, thanks to insurance companies.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I see that the casing is busted, but is the fog light still intact? Hope Miss Blue is back up to full-speed soon. :)

·
2007 Accord EX-L V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see that the casing is busted, but is the fog light still intact? Hope Miss Blue is back up to full-speed soon. :)
Thanks! :) yeah the fog light still works surprisingly!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts