Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 1.5
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my maxima was hit by a drunk driver and totaled out. I ended up buying a White 2021 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T less than a month ago. Already started making changes to it.

Gloss Black Emblems (From Dealer)
Smoked out rear turn signals and reverse lights
Smoke out front side markers
Led reverse lights
Led interior lights
Led sequential rear reflectors

Just waiting on window visors. Will eventually tint all the windows 15% and wrap the roof in gloss black.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,358 Posts
Welcome to DA. Very nice ride, congratulations

Reactions: Valentino_401

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
98 Posts
Never knew you could get black emblems from the dealership lol. How much did those run you, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Never been a fan of blacked out emblems but they look good on a white sport with the black spoiler and other accents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to DA. Very nice ride, congratulations
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Never knew you could get black emblems from the dealership lol. How much did those run you, if you don't mind my asking?
Lol I didn’t know either till I started to do some research. I did use my boss account for a discount. The Sport emblem was about $30 and the rest came as a kit for almost $90. The parts guy even gave me the instructions how to properly install them. There’s two part numbers for it. 08F20-TVA-100 and 08F20-TVA-100C

Never been a fan of blacked out emblems but they look good on a white sport with the black spoiler and other accents.
I wanted to try something different. Thanks!

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
347 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your Maxima, but congrats on the Accord!
The only thing I would say is to be careful about the smoked out lights. If the light can't effectively shine through the smoked out lens, you can be found to be at fault for accidents that you wouldn't be otherwise. That includes just dim light showing through- so make sure the smoked lenses don't hinder your light capability!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Welcome Valentino_401 to DriveAccord. Nice car.

As for those badges, they aren't cheap- and you might have to buy multiple different part numbers depending on your trim level.
You can get them cheaper online (about 25% off)- but they still are expensive.

Two "H" logos and "Accord" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100. MSRP $109.73
"Sport" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100C MSRP $36.58
"Sport 2.0t" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100D MSRP $67.93
"2.0t" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100B MSRP $31.35

It doesn't appear that they sell a Touring badge in black for the 2018-21 Accord.

Expensive for badges, but they do really complete the look if that's the look you are going after. I wish they would offer an OEM part for blacking out the chrome exhaust tips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your Maxima, but congrats on the Accord!
The only thing I would say is to be careful about the smoked out lights. If the light can't effectively shine through the smoked out lens, you can be found to be at fault for accidents that you wouldn't be otherwise. That includes just dim light showing through- so make sure the smoked lenses don't hinder your light capability!
I appreciate it and thanks for the heads up. The turn signals in the rear are still pretty bright even with the tint on it. The LED Sequential turn signals in the reflectors also help. Is there a way for me to post a video on here to show that off too?

Welcome to DA!!
from a fellow "Ro Dylander"..:p
Thanks! It was only a matter of time before I came across another Rhody on here haha!

Welcome Valentino_401 to DriveAccord. Nice car.

As for those badges, they aren't cheap- and you might have to buy multiple different part numbers depending on your trim level.
You can get them cheaper online (about 25% off)- but they still are expensive.

Two "H" logos and "Accord" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100. MSRP $109.73
"Sport" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100C MSRP $36.58
"Sport 2.0t" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100D MSRP $67.93
"2.0t" Nameplate Part Number: 08F20-TVA-100B MSRP $31.35

It doesn't appear that they sell a Touring badge in black for the 2018-21 Accord.

Expensive for badges, but they do really complete the look if that's the look you are going after. I wish they would offer an OEM part for blacking out the chrome exhaust tips.
Thanks! yes you are correct about those retail prices. I do think they are a little expensive for pieces of plastic. But I did use my jobs discount to drop the price from the dealer. That’s definitely look I’m trying to go for. I just want it to look a little more aggressive. All I’ve seen was covers for the tips like the carbon fiber.

Here’s the video of the Reflectors as my turn signals

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to DA. I also used to own a 2008 Maxima but switched over to a Accord.

What year was your Maxima? How many miles did you have on it when it was totaled?

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
98 Posts
Thanks! yes you are correct about those retail prices. I do think they are a little expensive for pieces of plastic. But I did use my jobs discount to drop the price from the dealer. That’s definitely look I’m trying to go for. I just want it to look a little more aggressive. All I’ve seen was covers for the tips like the carbon fiber.
Meh, I'll just stick with plastidip when it comes time to black 'em out then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to DA. I also used to own a 2008 Maxima but switched over to a Accord.

What year was your Maxima? How many miles did you have on it when it was totaled?
Thanks. I had a 2011 All blacked out. I purchased it used and had a lot of highway miles. It was at 169k when it was totaled. Here’s some pics. Pain in the ass to keep it clean with that color.

Where did you get the reflector lights?
I got the reflectors from Amazon

iJDMTOY Dark Smoked Lens Full LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089Q7ZWMP

Meh, I'll just stick with plastidip when it comes time to black 'em out then.
Haha to each their own.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gotcha, let me know what you think.

From what the reviews look like it seems the build quality is questionable and some encounter dash warnings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After my maxima was hit by a drunk driver and totaled out. I ended up buying a White 2021 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T less than a month ago. Already started making changes to it.

Gloss Black Emblems (From Dealer)
Smoked out rear turn signals and reverse lights
Smoke out front side markers
Led reverse lights
Led interior lights
Led sequential rear reflectors

Just waiting on window visors. Will eventually tint all the windows 15% and wrap the roof in gloss black. View attachment 528118 View attachment 528119 View attachment 528120 View attachment 528121
Where did you order the interior LEDs from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great looking car!! I too went from a black car to white mostly due to the black always looking dirty!! lol I gotta say that having a white car is sooo much of a relief now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotcha, let me know what you think.

From what the reviews look like it seems the build quality is questionable and some encounter dash warnings.
I definitely will. I haven’t had any issue yet. I guess I’ll find out lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great looking car!! I too went from a black car to white mostly due to the black always looking dirty!! lol I gotta say that having a white car is sooo much of a relief now!
Thank you! I had the same problem with that color. The light scratches are a pain aswell! Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts