Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

My first car Progress/Build Thread

8K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  05iDRIVE 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pic 1: Exactly When I got it...

Pic 2: Engine Bay Before

Pic 3: Just a quick clean up

Pic 4: Painted Engine covers Red

Pic 5: Plasti-dipped Grill and Some quick Glamour shots..

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Also got JDM rear badge ([emoji34] came on crooked), JDM Battery tie down (painted to match engine covers), and also a mugen oil cap (also painted to match engine covers). Color is actually burnt copper/bronze not gold.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Good work! Like it a lot.

#15 ·
Will do. Here it comes: SPC Performance Camber arms and alignment. The bumper scraped on the rack, but no damage was done. Just put back in where it was. 3rd pic is where I was messing around... Also the old ones were cleaned, touched up a bit and put for sale. They were good for another 50-75K miles.

#19 ·
It is ON!!! It sounds amazing. At idle, you can barely here it. Once you get on the gas, It sounds deep and gives an amazing tone. BUT Above 4K rpms you can here a minor ricer note. It doesn't pop a lot, but when it does its soo satisfying. Would I reccomend? YES!!! The muffler shop put it on for $72, because they had to make an adapter and a custom hanger. Of course I kept the old muffler, which will be put for sale...

#20 ·
Thats awesome. I just got mine this weekend and having it installed on Wednesday. Cant wait to hear the setup on my car now.
72$ is a pretty good price. especially with the adapter and custom hanger. So I would assume the adapter is b/c the pipe coming from cat is smaller than the hole on the input of muffer.
And hanger (I didnt even see one when I opened it) so I knew that it would need a custom one.

Thanks again for your updates :)

#23 ·
Don't be sorry. School > cars.

Always

#26 ·
I am taking full advantage of the program I am currently in (lowest grade is an 82 in high school physics and a B+ in college ENGL 1301. Everything else is an A). It is an Early College High School. I take college and high school classes at the same time. Believe me when I tell you it is stressful. Next year, I graduate with an associates degree and a high school diploma. Planning on my bachelor's in Information Technology by 20 years old. Six figure salary expected by 30-35 years old, hopefully [emoji120][emoji120]. Thank you

#27 ·
Pictures are coming. some things added and some things removed :)
- Shadowed The Taillights
- Painted Headlight Housings black
- Replace Rear JDM H Emblem with Mugen emblem
- Painted Grille Mounting Bracket same color as the engine covers
- Replica Front lip (Not painted or installed yet)

And Windshield crack has increased in size from 5 inches all the way down :(

#30 ·
Here's how the car sits now. After all the old grumps and sissies (to say the least) 😉 that were here (I see rickblaine is banned and there are many others) doubted and doubted, this is the result I came up with. A nearly 500whp beast of an accord. Easily walks bolt on s550's, gaps Scat packs and C6 Vettes, but haven't raced anyone else, because no one wants to line up 🤷‍♂️ I don't really care for beating others, but whoever lines up is more than welcome. I enjoy the purity and the violent feeling this car gives. And I also enjoy the comfort and standard accessories such as my heated leather seats, power steering, A/C, the quietness of the interior and about 20mpg (if and only if I drive it conservatively). It most indeed is a bipolar car. It's a nice little daily, but also a BEAST when desired. Relatively quiet until the screamer pipe opens. The engine is built for over 800hp, but the trans is refreshed with a lower mileage gearset, bearings, and carbon synchros. I will be uploading a full build breakdown on YouTube. I would not like to use this as promotions to my socials, but to show that with enough patience and perseverance, you can do anything. I know a lot of people will have a lot of questions and I won't be able to get to them.

Attachments

#31 ·
hey bro Ive seen your tiktoks/yt shorts if that was you, also have a 7th gen looking to add some performance mods in the near future focused on maintenance and suspension work for now, wondering if after a couple months the car is still a "daily", im looking to swap a k24a or a2 do you think its worth it ? my overall goal is just to have a fun daily that can tear up the street on occasion, after the swap ill most likely add boost how is your setup holding up? do you think its better/worth more, than getting a supercharger kit like the kraftwerks