Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Accord 2002 ex automatic

When I switch to high beams it doesn't stay on high beam, it slips right back to low beams. If I hold the switcher on high beam it stays on high beam, so I guess something has worn out. Is it a not-too-hard fix for a DIYer or something I should take to the mechanic? To give you some idea of my skill level last year I successfully struggled through replacing the rad.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Changing the headlight switch is relatively easy. Here is a Youtube video of a 95 Accord switch change, and its very similar to your car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and How can u turn both low beam and high beam on at the same time?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
With the factory setup the only time both high and low beams are on at the same time, is when you utilize the "passing" feature by pulling the lever back and holding it. The high beam switch position operates the two center headlights only. Low beam operates the two outside headlights only.
Maybe someone has figured out a hack to make all 4 stay on in the high position, but Im not familiar with it. If you want more light then one of the hid retrofit kits might be an option for you. Lots of posts on that subject if you search.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On mine, when you pull the lever back to where it clicks, all beams stay on. The low beams never go off unless I turn the headlights off completely.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
You are pushing the lever away right? and not towards...

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 6th gen does not allow you to go forward. You pull it back until it clicks. The high beams come on. Pull back until it clicks again, high beams go off. The low beams stay on all the time.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
DJR is right about all 4 lights being on with High beams.
I had to go look at mine to be sure, so ignore my previous post :blush:
To activate the "passing" light flash, just pull the lever part way back, not all the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts