Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Honda Accord 2014 ABS, Traction, and break lights on and off more frequently. If lights on and if I drive as soon as reach speed 30+ Km I does reset and again it comes back after sometime. Any help will be greatly appreciate.
Note: I went stealership and they said ABS modulator need to replaced. But question is if it’s ABS modulator then why the light are not staying instead of on and off.
please let me know if anyone has the same problem and fixed it without paying $1750. Yes that what stealership quoted me.
Thank you

·
Turbo lag
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This same exact thing is going on with my ‘14 Accord sport. I had my battery changed last week at O’Reilly’s. Everything was great, until the next afternoon. A few minutes into my drive the same lights came on alone with the tire light flashing for a for a maybe 10 seconds right when they all come on. Now my tire pressure light was on before this happened. But I feel it has to have something to do with the new battery being put in. But I’m here because I don’t know anything about cars. 😳😉So I took it back up to O’Reilly’s. They hooked my car up and checked out all the systems and everything read good. I saw it could be a loose battery wire and he checked and said it was good. And it drives just as good as it did before… So what’s going on?!? I’ve seen way to many of these post and no one seems to have an answer. This is crazy! Any know anything? Please!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
@Smorgan2106 - Did they check the ground connection to the body of the car? Having tight/good connections at the battery terminals doesn't help if the other end of the ground cable is loose and/or corroded. Follow the black battery cable to where it attaches to the body and make sure it's tight.

Have you checked/adjusted PSI in all 4 tires when they're cold? Then start the TPMS calibration and drive for ~30 miles between 35 and 60 MPH. Even if cold PSI in all 4 tires is correct, you should still start the TPMS calibration and do the drive.

VSA (traction control) may get disabled automatically if PSI in a tire(s) is low...

Depending on exactly which lights you're seeing, some of them may reset, after the battery is replaced, only after you've driven a certain number of miles.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
First things first find out what codes are set, that will tell you what needs to be done.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts