Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to wait for the six-speed. The manual makes it a whole different car! Will be about a week before I can bring it home but at least it is finally here at the dealer!

Now I just need to decide on wheels, exhaust, intake, etc., etc. I was originally going to go with the HFP 19s but they are so freakin' heavy (32lbs EACH!). Been looking at TSW Snettertons and Advanti A4 Kudos. Both wheels look great by themselves but look a little busy on the car. Hard for me to determine what style of wheel will look good on this car, especially with white.

It'll look and drive even better after I get all the HFP parts installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Great looking ride. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the new white Coupe. Sounds like you have big plans for it. Enjoy your new purchase.

·
Grinding Gears
326 Posts
Congrats bro, I wish white was an available option when I bought mine. The seats are beautiful!

·
Reverse Gear
1,043 Posts
Nice to see a 6-6 without an all black interior

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Love white with a tan interior. Outstanding car!

·
Reverse Gear
1,043 Posts
Didn't even know it was an option. I don't know if it is on the ex-l here in canada. Also didn't know you could get a trim in the 6-6 without the LED headlights
If you notice in the picture - the seats are two colors - black on the outside and ivory everywhere else. When the salesman gave me the sales brochure (USA), I noticed this combination for the coupe only. The black/ivory interior with the 6-6 is only available with *** exterior. If I ever could swing the payments for 2 cars - this one would be #2.

EDIT: According to Honda.ca - the black/ivory interior on the 6-6 coupe is not available to our neighbors to the north.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I asked if there was any way to get the black/ivory interior in a red or blue car but was flatly told no. *** is the only exterior color that can get the black/ivory interior with a six speed. Wait, it gets more confusing. If you want a six-speed you can only get it in red, black, white or grey. If you settle for an automatic, you can chose from black, white, grey, silver, red, blue and tiger eye. In the automatic colors you can get the black/ivory interior in black or white. No idea why they so severely restrict the black/ivory or why a six-speed can't be had in any color. Seems arbitrarily silly.

BUT, I absolutely love the black/ivory interior so *** had to be my choice.

You might ask why do I have such a thing for black/white ineriors? Well, my first automotive love, my 1965 Malibu SS L79 has a black/white interior. Most of these cars had an all black interior so it is nicely unique. When I later did my 1965 Chevelle 2-door wagon hot rod project, I built a similar black/white interior for it and continued the concept through the rear of the wagon. So, as you see, when it came to picking out an Accord Coupe, I really had no choice at all! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I asked if there was any way to get the black/ivory interior in a red or blue car but was flatly told no. *** is the only exterior color that can get the black/ivory interior with a six speed. Wait, it gets more confusing. If you want a six-speed you can only get it in blue, black, white or grey. If you settle for an automatic, you can chose from black, white, grey, silver, red, blue and tiger eye. In the automatic colors you can get the black/ivory interior in black or white. No idea why they so severely restrict the black/ivory or why a six-speed can't be had in any color. Seems arbitrarily silly.

BUT, I absolutely love the black/ivory interior so *** had to be my choice.

You might ask why do I have such a thing for black/white ineriors? Well, my first automotive love, my 1965 Malibu SS L79 has a black/white interior. Most of these cars had an all black interior so it is nicely unique. When I later did my 1965 Chevelle 2-door wagon hot rod project, I built a similar black/white interior for it and continued the concept through the rear of the wagon. So, as you see, when it came to picking out an Accord Coupe, I really had no choice at all! :D
Stunning cars! Thanks for sharing. And please confirm. Is that a MT in a station wagon? How sweet!

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I had the ivory interior in my previous red coupe, and it really does brighten up the interior. My current coupe has the black interior, and I'm looking into hydrodipping a few pieces to add some color. Once you get used to having some contrast in there, you miss it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had the ivory interior in my previous red coupe, and it really does brighten up the interior.
I always wanted to pose the question, "if you have an Ivory interior, would you buy another?"
Ahhh?, yes, if it had black carpets!

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
If I could have put my 2004 EX-L ivory interior with the wood accents in my 2008.. and kept the black carpets........ that would have been awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stunning cars! Thanks for sharing. And please confirm. Is that a MT in a station wagon? How sweet!
The wagon has an M22 Autogear (Muncie) four speed. At some point it will be replaced with a 5- or 6-speed to get some overdrive gears going in it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
congrats buddy!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts