Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did it this way, works outs really well for me. Sounds nice too. on 2.4L I4. Under $40.
Edit:also installed on 03 accord v6 coupe, 04 acura tsx, (maf sensor mount was not needed for both.) Caution: may not work with some cars.
Maf sensor mount links :http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=SCT&MfrPartNumber=8705
http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-8705-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1227192464&sr=8-1
Any intake desired can be purchased.

I HAVE NO SCREW BUT, CAN DRILL A SCREW FOR SECOND HOLE AND TAPE IF YOU WANT SO IT HOLDS DOWN WITH NO LEAKS LIKE SHOWN BELOW..

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea best way, at least for me :banana:

·
Registered
10 Posts
what exactly did you do? i am kinda new to tuning haha
from what i can see you removed the original intake box and replaced it with a head end of a intake??

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what exactly did you do? i am kinda new to tuning haha
from what i can see you removed the original intake box and replaced it with a head end of a intake??
yea pretty much, i got an attachment for the sensor to mount it there. then yea cold air intake

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea pretty much, i got an attachment for the sensor to mount it there. then yea cold air intake

cool... is there a place where i can buy these stuff?? i wouldn't mind doing that to my car

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, you can usually buy at any auto parts store like auto zone, i got mine from murrays.

·
need 6 speed!
2,231 Posts
nice i was thinking about doing this, its pretty simple. did you have to buy a new maf sensor block or just use oem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
sweet i'll go look into it, so what parts do i need exactly? sorry for all the questions

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice i was thinking about doing this, its pretty simple. did you have to buy a new maf sensor block or just use oem?
I just used the oem maf. hmm, im guessing when i take my car in for service, i have to put back oem filter?warrenty?:dunno: to be on the safe side i guess i will..

·
aka Rich
290 Posts
i'm sure youve wasted some gas already, punching it to hear how cool vtec sounds....

i did the same thing when i got my aem v2 on lol

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm sure youve wasted some gas already, punching it to hear how cool vtec sounds....

i did the same thing when i got my aem v2 on lol
lol yea bro the first time i went crazy, sounds sick under a tunnel or bridge. But i don't have to punch it as much though to hear it. even if i gun it a bit i hear it kick in, kind of.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i saw from another thread that AEM has a CAI coming out for the V6 ... my question is.. is that the AEM v2? or are there different kinds of AEM CAI?

·
Registered
357 Posts
So this is a Cold Air intake. What makes it Cold? Aren't you sucking in air from the engine compartment? So how is that cold as opposed to OEM?

·
Registered
105 Posts
What brand of intake? I'm looking to get do some mods to my car but am having A LOT of trouble finding any performance add ons. Especially for the I4.

·
need 6 speed!
2,231 Posts
i saw from another thread that AEM has a CAI coming out for the V6 ... my question is.. is that the AEM v2? or are there different kinds of AEM CAI?
aem v2 isnt always a CAI, a v2 is a V2. its suppose to be the best of CAI and SRI.
So this is a Cold Air intake. What makes it Cold? Aren't you sucking in air from the engine compartment? So how is that cold as opposed to OEM?
this is a short ram.

·
Registered
929 Posts
nice hot air intake...sure it sounds sweet though

·
8th Gen Audio Expert
1,124 Posts
wondering why you would do this when RAM intakes and cai are out or coming out... ? also what if any are the ramifications re: warranty its not aftermarket but you are completely, altering the OEM Part....

·
Registered
80 Posts
i going to guess its because its cheaper, at least by 200 dollars and i think he only wanted the sound which i believe he is happy with

1 - 20 of 189 Posts