Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Nice find. I like it! Mine is similar, but an 6AT. I enjoy driving it every time, although a manual is cooler. I do like the look of the 19 inch touring wheels, but they are heavy and will cost you some performance and a slight bit in fuel economy.
Thank you. Agreed. For aesthetics, I'd have gone with the Touring 5 spoke 19s too. There's a rep OEM brand for about $800 a set, but they're still heavy. So, if I want light 19s, I've gotta go "flow formed". For about a grand, Enkei has the Victory wheel in 19 with similar design in black with machined face and it weighs about 22 lbs. For 2x, 2.5x more I could get some 19" Mugens also weighing around 20lbs each, though if I go Mugen, I'll always want the GPs in 18x7.5. Too narrow for the CT2, I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Within 72 hours of ownership, took her on her first long distance drive (LA to SD) with the fam.
It has a trunk that seems double that of my '09 IS250 and my family were all comfortable.

I now call the Econ Mode the "Underdrive" button. Works great, though.

It's been so long that I've driven a manual Honda that in 1st and 2nd gears, I'm frequently looking around for who that is that sounds "Fast & Furious"-ISH, only to realize it's ME, bone stock at 4k RPM in 2nd gear...🤦‍♂️😅

I found a large gash on the front right lip.
My nads still hurt from it. I'm sure it wasn't me. I'm not gonna press the issue with the shop.

I've never been "THAT guy" until now:
I'm totally hoofing it from the furthest, most isolated parking spot anywhere, every time.

Attachments

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,639 Posts
Honda never not offered a 2-door car before, so a 2-door accord, or even a civic soon will become somewhat of a rarity. I suspect 2017 accord coupe being the last accord coupe also adds a premium. We did not know that honda would kill the coupe in 2015.
Which is why this is probably my last Honda.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord, Coupe, Touring (V6, 6AT), 2017 Honda Accord Sedan, EXL V6 w/ Navi, Sensing
249 Posts
A couple things, I think our coupes have “piped in” sound through the audio system, which helps that F&F preception when we put the hammer down. And it looks like you could use some window tint, the MSM color look pretty good with tint.

The first scratch (that you know of) hurts the worse. Now it’s behind you. After all, it’s a daily driver not a show car. But I do remember my first blemish. Bothered me to be sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks again for the responses, all. Glad to finally join the Accord owners club. This thing is amazing with so many underrated qualities.

·
Registered
2017 Accord Coupe Touring V6 Manual
2 Posts
Hey Stealth, congratulations on the 6-6! I bought my ‘17 Touring 6MT (no EX-L in Canada) couple months back with 84k kilometres for 25k CDN. Searched on Autotrader for almost a year (currently 1 16-17 6-6 listen in all of Canada) and finally pulled the trigger. This is only my second car but i would love to keep it until the day she dies due to the “last of a dying breed” status. And the fact that i can putt around town and surprise unsuspecting ‘stangs and WRX.

(NEEDS HFP kit!!)

Vehicle came with the aFe power CAI, and everything else stock. Unfortunately i dont have the HFP lipkit or suspension, and as of right now, i dont anticipate being able to source anything HFP within Canada. I would like to keep it OEM + as much as possible to preserve it. But with the duties and exchange rates, on top of a already hard time finding parts, coilovers may be my only option.

i purchased my Ktuner from a local shop and downloaded a couple tunes to play around with rev-hang and rev limiter. Started off with the base tune and just downloaded the 91+ tune yesterday. I LOVE IT! Power gains or not, the rev hang alone is worth the amount you’ll have to pay. White Orchid has another thread on his experience with Ktuner. He outlines the effects of MAF depending on which intake you run, Fuel economy, power gains etc. A large reason as to why i actually got it was reading through it - check it out and i’m sure you’ll be persuaded!!

I have been lucky enough not to find any actually dents or dings, but this damn Honda paint doesnt like little stones, at all. Im planning on doing a paint correction in the next couple weeks to clean it up and help protect it.

oh yeah one last thing, if anyone knows a good etuner, can they let me know?? Thanks!

·
Cruising in Montana
4,175 Posts
^^ 3 months after that's done, get a paint protection film applied to the front end.

I did after my hood & front fenders were repainted (not due to rock chips). It's 3M 8-mil thick stuff, so tough that something put a 1-2mm deep dent in the hood, peeled off the film in that area, but didn't scratch the paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey Stealth, congratulations on the 6-6! I bought my ‘17 Touring 6MT (no EX-L in Canada) couple months back with 84k kilometres for 25k CDN. Searched on Autotrader for almost a year (currently 1 16-17 6-6 listen in all of Canada) and finally pulled the trigger. This is only my second car but i would love to keep it until the day she dies due to the “last of a dying breed” status. And the fact that i can putt around town and surprise unsuspecting ‘stangs and WRX.

(NEEDS HFP kit!!)
View attachment 531205

Vehicle came with the aFe power CAI, and everything else stock. Unfortunately i dont have the HFP lipkit or suspension, and as of right now, i dont anticipate being able to source anything HFP within Canada. I would like to keep it OEM + as much as possible to preserve it. But with the duties and exchange rates, on top of a already hard time finding parts, coilovers may be my only option.

i purchased my Ktuner from a local shop and downloaded a couple tunes to play around with rev-hang and rev limiter. Started off with the base tune and just downloaded the 91+ tune yesterday. I LOVE IT! Power gains or not, the rev hang alone is worth the amount you’ll have to pay. White Orchid has another thread on his experience with Ktuner. He outlines the effects of MAF depending on which intake you run, Fuel economy, power gains etc. A large reason as to why i actually got it was reading through it - check it out and i’m sure you’ll be persuaded!!

I have been lucky enough not to find any actually dents or dings, but this damn Honda paint doesnt like little stones, at all. Im planning on doing a paint correction in the next couple weeks to clean it up and help protect it.

oh yeah one last thing, if anyone knows a good etuner, can they let me know?? Thanks!
Thank you and thanks for sharing your beauty as well. Nice deal too!

As I mentioned, I'm happy with the performance for now. I haven't felt the rev hang, but this is my first Honda & manual since I was a kid.

I want more of the sound. I may go aFe dry filter + Borla axle back or ATLP cat back. I may buy a couple Mugen S660 exhausts just to cut the carbon fiber dual tips off. That's way down the line.

Check out: turbogixxertuning.com
I've read nothing but good things.

·
Registered
2017 Accord Coupe Touring V6 Manual
2 Posts
^^ 3 months after that's done, get a paint protection film applied to the front end.

I did after my hood & front fenders were repainted (not due to rock chips). It's 3M 8-mil thick stuff, so tough that something put a 1-2mm deep dent in the hood, peeled off the film in that area, but didn't scratch the paint.
i currently have protection film on 1/4 of the hood (not sure of its thickness). Not ideal but its how i bought it. I would like to have the front bumper and hood repainted and like you said, new film applied to the entire front end. I guess time, money, and utter hate of new stone chips will decide when exactly all of this is done. For now, ill cut and polish the entire car and go from there.

Thank you and thanks for sharing your beauty as well. Nice deal too!

As I mentioned, I'm happy with the performance for now. I haven't felt the rev hang, but this is my first Honda & manual since I was a kid.

I want more of the sound. I may go aFe dry filter + Borla axle back or ATLP cat back. I may buy a couple Mugen S660 exhausts just to cut the carbon fiber dual tips off. That's way down the line.

Check out: turbogixxertuning.com
I've read nothing but good things.
I came from a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5 6MT with no rev hang, so the accord threw me off. But if you dont mind it, no point in spending the extra money when it could go towards an axle or cat back exhaust.

Ive been looking ATLP as well - love the sound and quad tips. Time to save up and let the mod bug eat!

I’ll be sure to check him out, thanks a million!

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,639 Posts

I got a paint protection film on mine when it was pretty new. At ~92,000 now its taken a beating since a lot of my driving is freeway speeds and stuff hits a lot harder there. Was thinking of peeling it off and having a new layer put on since it has gotten beat up quite a bit. Plus all the bugs of the midwest, if you don't get them off right away, they will leave a splatter signature in the film.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok Im intrigued to see your mechanics definition of "rust". I seriously doubt you have budget much to remediate with the age of your vehicle and miles.

Congrats on purchase and I second the HFP kit, I put the full kit on mine as well and the drop was perfect. IF you can still find the suspension sets new remember there is 1 for the auto and 1 for the MT IIRC.

So those with a 6-6 does it benefit too like the Acura v6's with using GM Synchromesh fluid?

·
Pilot without a plane
709 Posts
So those with a 6-6 does it benefit too like the Acura v6's with using GM Synchromesh fluid?
I use Redline MTL in mine. I like it a lot.

I use Redline to the max extent possible in all of our cars for any type of transmission fluid or gear oil.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use Redline MTL in mine. I like it a lot.

I use Redline to the max extent possible in all of our cars for any type of transmission fluid or gear oil.
Thanks. I was curious, it made my 6-6 TL smooth as silk in shifting didnt know if Honda's were plagued with shifting issues.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,639 Posts
I think the three most popular MT Fluids are the GM Syncromesh, Redline MTL, and I use the AmsOil MT Syncromesh fluid.... any one of them will work well.

For me, the biggest issues with the 6-6 MT is the Rev Hang, and the Check Valve in the slave - both were super annoying to me.

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Accord Touring Sedan
16 Posts
StealthMode - the only thing you really have to worry about is the fact you bought it from someone in New England and more than likely they're a Pats fan.If you're not keen to that cheating organization i bet "Stiller fan" can shed some light on it. :)
Go Steelers !!!!! Just joking Pat fans.

Super nice pick up though Stealth.

"I got it from New England for $30k shipped to my mechanic's shop in SoCal. The original owner bought it from a large franchise dealer and sold it back to the same dealer recently with 6,100 miles on it."

Reactions: Stealth Mode 6-6

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Accord Touring Sedan
16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
StealthMode - the only thing you really have to worry about is the fact you bought it from someone in New England and more than likely they're a Pats fan.If you're not keen to that cheating organization i bet "Stiller fan" can shed some light on it. :)
Go Steelers !!!!! Just joking Pat fans.

Super nice pick up though Stealth.
Thank you.
Tell me about it! Raiders fan over here...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts