Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
kevster.
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New wheels gives the car a much wider stance, looks way better. wheels are still tucked inside fenders. I am very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
128 Posts
nice set up. hows the ride on those tires?

·
kevster.
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow!! first reply on my post, thanx.. ride is great.. firm and handles well. I still think that when these tires are worn out I am going to go wider.. like a 265-40-18 tire, which is 1.18" wider. same diameter.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Rims look horrible in my opinion, but if you like them then that's all that matters.

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
not my style, but i would definitely lower the car.. way too high

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,546 Posts
I love the wheel... very close to my ruff 17's

now lower the car to a reasonable level with Megan EZ's from Throwdown - really makes the car look different - the 1st mod I've done where people actually notice the change without me saying anything....that's been surprising:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not my style rim but congrats.

·
The original Bomb Diggity
475 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
like a 265-40-18 tire, which is 1.18" wider. same diameter.
Wow, you're going to put a 265 on an 8" wide wheel??? Is that even possible/safe?? Lol.
Keep this in mind. When we deal with low profile tires, one can't just use the same rules that apply to other tires.

The best way to describe it is like this.

The profile of the tires is round - on a normal tires. We can go wider or less, and it would still be round.

The profile of the tires on a low profile is rather square. And when one goes wider, it create a slant angle (angle out). There is less profile to flex, and the tires can pop out of the wheel.

I'm too lazy to draw out what I meant, so I hope the text above is clear enough.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Keep this in mind. When we deal with low profile tires, one can't just use the same rules that apply to other tires.

The best way to describe it is like this.

The profile of the tires is round - on a normal tires. We can go wider or less, and it would still be round.

The profile of the tires on a low profile is rather square. And when one goes wider, it create a slant angle (angle out). There is less profile to flex, and the tires can pop out of the wheel.

I'm too lazy to draw out what I meant, so I hope the text above is clear enough.
Yea but if you go too wide the tire won't even fit on the wheel. It'll just engulf the whole wheel width I'd imagine. The bead has to sit somewhere, it won't be able to properly if the tire is too wide.

From AmericanMuscle.com

Tire Width:
Using a wider tire than recommended:
Using too wide a tire will push the sidewalls out, giving the tire what is known as the "drag tire" look. If you do this on a non-drag tire, there are several things that can happen:

* A poor bead seal is created
* The tread is forced into a convex shape, which reduces the tire life. It also affects steering and handling capability.
* The car will feel floaty.
* The speedometer will read slower than the car is actually going.

Using a skinnier tire than recommended:
Using a tire that is too skinny pulls the sidewalls past the wheel lip. Besides creating the “ricer” look, it is also very dangerous. Too skinny a tire can cause the tire to separate from the rim if you’re going to fast, or while turning a corner.

·
kevster.
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rims look horrible in my opinion, but if you like them then that's all that matters.
What was horrible was the OE 18 inch wheels, I just could not like them. But hey we are all entitled to an opinion. Found another set of wheels I may go for, might just keep these for snow wheels.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Looks good I like it, goes good with the chrome trim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts