Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My panel just notified me for oil change at 15% oil life. How many more miles can I still drive without damaging the car? I ask because I will be busy with work next few days and no time to go to service. Thank you

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
you can find everything you need to know about it beginning on page 489 of your manual.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I go 7500 for each of my first 2 oil changes. Every 5000 after that. You probably have another 1000-1500 miles you could roll before that hits 0%. I'd guess you're @ 6000?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do a Blackstone report of your oil. Send it in and they will tell you how much more oil life you have. I just do sight and smell.

·
Banned
784 Posts
My panel just notified me for oil change at 15% oil life. How many more miles can I still drive without damaging the car? I ask because I will be busy with work next few days and no time to go to service. Thank you
If you are NOT a DIY then schedule for an oil change when your car has about 30% so you will have a plenty of time to take care of it and not feel rushed. Just use your common sense and RTFM.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ballpark: NLT 500 miles, perhaps as many as 1000, depending on how and where you drive -- highway/city; engine speed/#of starts/stops; weather conditions, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I go 7500 for each of my first 2 oil changes. Every 5000 after that. You probably have another 1000-1500 miles you could roll before that hits 0%. I'd guess you're @ 6000?
15% oil life warning shows up around 7100 miles. I guess I will have 400 miles to go until 0%.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 15% showed up at around 4000miles. However, I drive less than 6-7k a year and I believe the MM system just wants me to change my oil since its been a year. So it not only measures how you drive but how long its been as well I believe.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,137 Posts
There is no possible way to tell. It could be 200 or 2000 miles. The 15% life remaining is to give you fair warning that the oil/filter needs attention. It doesn't mean it has to be done that very moment. Depending on where you live, temperature, distance driven, warm up time, and a thousand other factors the mileage minders react differently.

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
550 Posts
If you drive under the same conditions and style, you can get an estimate with the below formula. However you're probably not under the same conditions now because of the colder weather. So most likely it'll be less miles then the formula computes .

((Miles on oil) /.85 ) - (miles on oil)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts