Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my retrofitted oem black housing headlights on Tuesday and installed right away. Took like 2hrs to install because, we fool'd around. I did a car wash today but, didn't get a chance to take pictures when it was daylight out. I will try and take some Pics tomorrow.

As for output, I have 5K HIDs and it looks great :banana:

Thanks thisaznboi88!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ahh cleannnnnnn housings! i wish mine were that clean. those are 5000k? looks a bit yellow.. maybe its the camera/pictures. but looks awesome! :thmsup:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
God Damn your headlights look better then mine.. WTF?

Enjoy bro and sorry it took me so long. I had midterm and all. just let me know if you need anything else. Happy Holidays Buddy

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
look awesome! cant wait to get mine

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice man, you're another person with a retro in Philly. :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Wow looks really nice! Those are Mini H1 right?

For some reason it looks like your lower step has way more color than mine does... Mine has thin bands of color. And they are moreso on the upper step... hmmm.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Wow looks really nice! Those are Mini H1 right?

For some reason it looks like your lower step has way more color than mine does... Mine has thin bands of color. And they are moreso on the upper step... hmmm.
Thats cause I modded them. *with tender love and care * lol

It probably an effect because its a red brick wall vs the white pearly car. lol

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Thats cause I modded them. *with tender love and care * lol

It probably an effect because its a red brick wall vs the white pearly car. lol
Lol... That looks like mad color... I want that kind of color :(

My driver's side beam has a really thick colorband on the upper step because of the indentation in the OEM headlight lense (causes double cutoff too)... It distorts the step in the cutoff so there is a really big blue band... The right side is much thinner and def not as noticeable from behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Well his headlights are OEM also and it has that dent. So I dont know man.
You talking about the indentation that some OEM lights have and some dont? Or are you talking about the little nipple on all OEM lights that tells you where the middle of the low beam area is?

Because with this indentation, my driver's side has it, and my passenger's side doesn't... My driver's side is the one that is distorted, and the pass. side is fine.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i have the same thing with the oem headlights. theres a little part on the drivers side lens that slightly distorts the cutoff

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I was taking about the nipple thingy. You can see it on his headlight.
Ah, yeah... Mine has that AND an indentation.
i have the same thing with the oem headlights. theres a little part on the drivers side lens that slightly distorts the cutoff
Its a bitch right? Sometimes I feel like I'm driving with 1.5 beams of light because in the distance, I can only really see my passenger's side's step unless I look really hard for the driver's side... And even when I look for it, it is more of an outline than anything. And since it is distorted, its not as intense in that area, or throughout either really, although you really notice it more in the step area, and you most likely wouldn't notice it in the rest of the beam unless you compared them one at a time facing a wall and look for it...

However, my lights are still bright and I am happy with them. I just want to swap out to an OEM lense that doesn't have that indentation so I can finally see two steps on the road in the distance and get that little extra intense light where it is distorted now.

@ OP, nice retro man!

·
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT
2,977 Posts
just trying to keep up with you buddy. lol hows the progess with those fussion fogs?
Yea, the fusion fogs are at a halt now. I tested the finished one out, and all was good except I did not level it correctly. The output was was sick good though!!
Yea, I ran in to this 2 times. It ****s because it ruins a perfectly good lens. I ave figure out how to know before the retro though. Take the light and basically look at it from the side and look around that aiming dot area and you can usually see if it is distorted.

·
Registered
968 Posts
can you post of pic with your lights on so we can see the light output please. Im looking to get a set for my 8th gen.

·
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT
2,977 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
wow that looks nice

1 - 20 of 37 Posts