Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had LightWerkz do a retro for me and here are some pics that LightWerkz provided and a link for more pics:
http://www.lightwerkz.net/photo/giovannis-2013-honda-accord-coupe-oem-honda-s2000-projector-upgrade/

Nothing different other than the S2000's projectors inside with clear lenses upgrade:

They did a little testing.
Here's the stock H11 projector:

H11 with a HID bulb:

And finally the S2000 projector:

I'm scheduled to get the light this weekend and I will more than likely do the headlight swap this weekend. I will post my pics and maybe some video of the output if you guys want.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much was it?
I've spent about $1200 in parts and labor. Not including shipping and return shipping to NJ which wasn't that cheap from AZ.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Whoa, that is sharp cutoff...

I wonder what those s2000 projectors have that we don't have?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice! steep price but that is very high quality!
Yeah kinda. Its around the same price as getting touring coupe headlights from Canada. Labor from LightWerkz was cheaper than other retrofitters that I've contacted :thmsup:
Whoa, that is sharp cutoff...

I wonder what those s2000 projectors have that we don't have?
The S2000 are pretty much the top of the line in projectors. They are HID projectors so they are much more sharper and better than the halogen projectors that we have in our cars.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've spent about $1200 in parts and labor. Not including shipping and return shipping to NJ which wasn't that cheap from AZ.
That's a lot considering you could have replaced the halogen projectors with the tl hid projectors and saved $1000. For that price I would have just got the led headlights. It looks like they did a good job though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a lot considering you could have replaced the halogen projectors with the tl hid projectors and saved $1000. For that price I would have just got the led headlights. It looks like they did a good job though.
I was considering the TL's but decided to go with the best with the S2000's.
The LED lights aren't plug and play and they aren't as bright or sharp like a HID projector.
damn that's a lot....anyone from NorCal knows a good retrofit place?
Yeah not cheap.
You can save yourself a couple hundred bucks if you do it yourself :dunno:

·
Banned
1,951 Posts
for you guys to say thats a high price with an s2000 projector upgrade dont know about projectors. the s2k is one of THE best projoects ever made along with a few other projectors from lexus, and few other manufactures.

for him being charged 1200 is "sort of" steep but with that price from a well known reputable light company its not bad at all

·
Rhymes with Mick & Quick
1,670 Posts
It's very nice, but I am more impressed by how clean the garage (and the floor) is. Is that so wrong?

Mick

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for you guys to say thats a high price with an s2000 projector upgrade dont know about projectors. the s2k is one of THE best projoects ever made along with a few other projectors from lexus, and few other manufactures.

for him being charged 1200 is "sort of" steep but with that price from a well known reputable light company its not bad at all
I wasn't charged 1200 in just labor. The 1200 give or take was the total with parts and labor. A new pair of headlight was the most expensive at around $600
It's very nice, but I am more impressed by how clean the garage (and the floor) is. Is that so wrong?

Mick
Haha their shop does look pretty clean and sweet!

·
Registered
522 Posts
very nicely done! this is why i'm always advocating people do a retrofit instead of just sticking HID bulbs into halogen projectors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice! Haven't seen much 9th gen HID retro fit. This will be my next project for my accord. But I need to buy spare headlights for them to retro fit then i'll sell my current one. Can't wait to see pics when you install them to your coupe!

·
Registered
534 Posts
lol your a clown. The TL projecters **** their not even direct fit their rotationally off

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
lol True, and they wouldn't even fit in the headlight. Plus they are 3 inch projectors not 2 1/2 like the accord. The bi-xenon solenoid makes it even bigger cause it hangs low. Unless you get andrew at trs make you the tl-rs when he modifies the solenoid inside with a morimoto one so it sits inside the projector and even then again its a 3 inch compared to the 2 1/2 the accord is.

·
Registered
330 Posts
lol your a clown. The TL projecters **** their not even direct fit their rotationally off

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't know why that makes me a clown. There are people on this forum that used TL projectors. The ones that I have seen looked just like the s2000 hids. So before calling someone a clown. You should take that red nose and big shoes off.

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
They didn't use tl projectors.........TSX-Rs......come on lol. Abd tsx-r's look great as well. Even if you just did a clear lens swap on a budget is pretty awesome :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
lol True, and they wouldn't even fit in the headlight. Plus they are 3 inch projectors not 2 1/2 like the accord. The bi-xenon solenoid makes it even bigger cause it hangs low. Unless you get andrew at trs make you the tl-rs when he modifies the solenoid inside with a morimoto one so it sits inside the projector and even then again its a 3 inch compared to the 2 1/2 the accord is.
Your talking about the wrong TL projectors. The old TLs are bi-xenon. The new ones aren't. I made the same mistake when looking at doing a retrofit on my headlights. The new ones are the same size as the accord projectors.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts