Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this with all of you! Sadly while driving in Nashville (I'm from Chicagoland) I was hit by a truck that ran a red light! After checking out my car the insurance agency totalled my '07 Honda Accord v6 EX-L. The airbags didn't deploy even though I was going over the minuum speed to trigger them. This was probably because the sensors never made contact with the truck because my car hit just in front of the rear tire with the my bumper well under most of the truck.
IMG_5581.jpg IMG_5584.jpg IMG_5585.jpg IMG_5589.jpg

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,276 Posts
Yikes! Glad to hear you are okay. Time to car shop!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel for you dude. I just totalled a car recently too. (Admittedly one I was alot more attached to) It sucks but ultimately, if you walked away, the car did its job and saved you. Kinda its way of giving back after we took care of them for so long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel for you dude. I just totalled a car recently too. (Admittedly one I was alot more attached to) It sucks but ultimately, if you walked away, the car did its job and saved you. Kinda its way of giving back after we took care of them for so long.
I totally agree! It took me a few days but I did come to that realization as well. They are just tools helping you get several different jobs done and in this case it was to keep me alive. But I get being more attached to the car, if I get in a wreck with my new (to me) car now I will be very upset! But at least they won't be able to try and pin it me because I have a dash cam now.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,895 Posts
I felt the same way. I gave my daughter a beloved old Volvo, she got T-boned, the car did what is was supposed to do and she walked away w.o. a scratch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts