Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened to me several times when I park my car, I lock it and my alarm gives one horn beep meaning something is wrong. And every single time it's because my trunk is open...
I can't replicate it for a dealer but it is very strange....I think maybe the alarm when locking pops the trunk somehow...

·
Elvira
3,683 Posts
This has happened to me several times when I park my car, I lock it and my alarm gives one horn beep meaning something is wrong. And every single time it's because my trunk is open...
I can't replicate it for a dealer but it is very strange....I think maybe the alarm when locking pops the trunk somehow...
Not sure if you saw this thread but it appears many owners are having this problem.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/8...-my-2013-accord-sport-trunk-opens-itself.html

Seems like it is on the Sport models. Is this the model you have?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hmm - this again.

Something must be going on, we all can't be hitting the wrong button by accident.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What kind of floor mats do you have? Could it somehow be engaging it?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
^^ Agree. Are you sure you're not kicking or snagging the trunk pull lever when you get out of the car? Shoe laces / long pants?

Otherwise...spray some silicone on the trunk latch. Maybe it's not fully engaging.

If it's a regular enough occurrence...disconnect the connector on the latch. That should make the trunk lid manual-only so if the problem goes away that would mean something is going on with the remote.

·
Elvira
3,683 Posts
ive took my sport to the dealer same problem. they reajusted the latch. not happened since.
Do you know how they readjusted it?

In your opinion would simply adjusting the rubber stops accomplish the same thing?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Do you know how they readjusted it?

In your opinion would simply adjusting the rubber stops accomplish the same thing?
I looked through the service manual about adjusting the latch...looks like the thing is straight up bolted to the trunk lid and has no adjustment. So not sure how it would be "adjusted".

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, i got cheap rubber carpet mats from Walmart, i'm careful not to touch or kick the latch when exiting the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts