Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
7th Gear
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it is time for me to trade in my Infiniti for a new daily driver. I have decided on the 2011 coupe. It seems that every where I look on the internet people are bashing this car. They hate the tailights, the front bumper, the wheels...
Funny enough - they seem to hate everything I like about the car.
Where's the love? After all if these changes did make the car 'uglier' wouldn't that mean that your car's value will go up?
Finally, I am going with the 6-spd V6 -
I am hoping that the car is somewhat good on gas usage and that Honda has fixed this rear brake issue I keep reading about.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are the people bashing your car the same people who have already bought an 08-10 accord?

I bought a 2010 accord coupe last July and I don't mind the new accords, but I also don't regret my purchase.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I for one like how it looks, so your not alone. Those that don't like it then that's their decisions. Actually today I took my accord sedan in to my dealer and had allot of spare time to my self and the lot, so I decided to take a look at the 2011 accord sedans as well as the coupes. :thmsup: :banana: As said, I took a good, detailed look on both cars and they look fine :notworthy:naughty: So go ahead with your decision its your car not theirs, I loved my accord before I got it and when i did, I'd loved it even more!! If you like it now you will love it later, so no worries! :jumping: besides the front bumper looks nice as stock so lets say you wont need to spend extra dough to get a kit for your car! :thmsup: Happy Thanks giving and to ALL! Go for what you like!! :yes:

·
7th Gear
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, when I first saw the front of one the coupes from a distance I had to ask my salesman if it had a kit. The new bumpers are really nice! I'm thinking of getting the Honda body kit also. I have the Honda one on my S and it is really nice.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Its a good car, its just that most including myself feel they went south as far as design goes. There was no need to change the rear tail lights other than adding LED's, but even that didnt happen. If you like it get it

·
7th Gear
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a good car, its just that most including myself feel they went south as far as design goes. There was no need to change the rear tail lights other than adding LED's, but even that didnt happen. If you like it get it
I want to see some side by side pics of a 2008-10 and 2011. How different do these two really look.

·
Whatever
103 Posts
Honda had to do some type of refresh after 3 years. I don't find anything they did as an upgrade, more as lateral moves. Good thing about the 2011 is that by now they've probably worked out a lot of the bugs since 08. I for one like the paddles on the V6, the USB control, and well that's about it. Really don't care much for the driver memory seats although nice touch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Honda had to do some type of refresh after 3 years. I don't find anything they did as an upgrade, more as lateral moves. Good thing about the 2011 is that by now they've probably worked out a lot of the bugs since 08. I for one like the paddles on the V6, the USB control, and well that's about it. Really don't care much for the driver memory seats although nice touch.
Me too, I dont care about the paddles but I wish my 10 has the USB port. My last car have it. I miss it a lot:D

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I think it's still a good looking car. I prefer the new front bumper, the old grille, and am indifferent on the taillights.

·
Banned
885 Posts
i got the 2011 coupe about a month ago. i love everything about it.

people who are bashing it haven't looked at the car in person.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Which Infiniti? Also, you should know that rear-wheel drive performance is totally different from FWD performance. The 6-6 has a lot of wheel hop when you want to drive it in a sporty manner, and there really isn't much you can do about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have an 11. im just gona change the tail lights. they are retarted looking. i also might buy the 10 coupe rims. other than that the cars great. i should have got the 6mt, the paddles are a joke.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Happy Turkey day! :banana:

Don't let others influence your decision, either way its a great car
And I have to agree most who bash are the ones with an 08+ who wouldn't
upgrade anyway but again I was once a disliker until I got hands on time which def changes the perspective as does certain colors...

I also agree front has a kit look to it!

·
7th Gear
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which Infiniti? Also, you should know that rear-wheel drive performance is totally different from FWD performance. The 6-6 has a lot of wheel hop when you want to drive it in a sporty manner, and there really isn't much you can do about it.
The 2000 G20t - a good economical car. I have experience with the torque steer from my father's old '98 Maxima 5-speed.

Thanks Guido - I love the car and I'm only brining this up to show that some poeple actually like the restyling.

Has the rear brake issue been rectified in the '11s?

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
i have an 11. im just gona change the tail lights. they are retarted looking. i also might buy the 10 coupe rims. other than that the cars great. i should have got the 6mt, the paddles are a joke.
PM sent to you

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
You say you should have gotten the 6-6. All the people that have buyers remorse, do you people not drive EVERYTHING before making a decision? This is kind of like people that buy clothes from the store a dont try them on, they get home, and the don't fit right or look good buy they wanna return it only to find out there r no returns so they are stuck with what they bought. Folks when you make the 2nd biggest investment (minus a house), you drive everything and you drive it the way you'd drive you car if it we're yours. Dealers don't care as long as you arent risking damage.

I remember when my mom bought me an s2000 for xmas in 01 (i was 19yo), i wasn't keen on the styling but because i had purchased 2 Hondas previously (prelude sh/passpory), The let me take it out on the freeway. I remember they sent a new salesman that didn't know me. We wentg out on freeway opened it up to 90mph with top down/took a few on/off ramps. Scared the man half to death but I was sold after I drove the car like i would if i owned it. If I hand not, I would have thought it droved like a miata (would have never felt the massive top-end).

In conlusion, Drive everything before you buy and every model if you have to. Dealers do NOT care. They wsant your business and will do just about anything with-in reason to get it.

·
7th Gear
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I remember when my mom bought me an s2000 for xmas in 01 (i was 19yo), i wasn't keen on the styling but because i had purchased 2 Hondas previously (prelude sh/passpory), The let me take it out on the freeway. I remember they sent a new salesman that didn't know me. We wentg out on freeway opened it up to 90mph with top down/took a few on/off ramps. Scared the man half to death but I was sold after I drove the car like i would if i owned it. If I hand not, I would have thought it droved like a miata (would have never felt the massive top-end).
Funny you use this example. In 2000 dealerships didn't let you test drive the S2000 anywhere off the lot to keep people from hitting the redline. I'm surprised they got lax in '01 - good customers were exempted I suppose. I bought the car based on magazine reviews and great looks.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
The 2000 G20t - a good economical car. I have experience with the torque steer from my father's old '98 Maxima 5-speed.

Thanks Guido - I love the car and I'm only brining this up to show that some poeple actually like the restyling.

Has the rear brake issue been rectified in the '11s?
It doesn't really have torque steer. Wheel hop is different and a lot more annoying.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts