Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked high and low and can't find a Nav bypass module for the new accord. Beat Sonic makes a unit for my wife's Lexus that allows you to access the motion locked screens. This is great for playing DVD's while on a road trip of vacation for the passengers enjoyment. Is there anything available for our new accords?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Let me get this straight. You want to play a DVD on the iMid? Probably illegal and not too smart!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually.. I don't care about watching DVDs but the ability to enter Nav points while moving absolutely interests me. I have a 2011 Honda Pilot that you can input addresses while driving, so would be nice to have.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want full access just like the car was parked. Don't give a damn if it's illegal or safe. I can set an iPad on the dash for the wife to watch movies on all day long while on vacation if I so choose. I passenger should've able to use the Nav while we are moving.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,352 Posts
Guess this is something that has been added to the newer models. My 03 can be programmed while driving. I can even program system settings.

In any case, KP Technologies sells several different modules that work with our cars. They also sell Navigation Interface Module. However, it is specified to work on Infinity/Nissan. Here's the kicker though. They use to advertise the NAVI "OK" Bypass module as something for our Accords. Now they don't list it as being compatible. Thing is, I know it is compatible because I have it on mine. I had to hard wire to the circuit board inside the radio, but it does work.

Now this Navigation Interface Module they advertise is to allow you to program the NAVI while the vehicle is in motion (like you are wanting). However, it does this by interrupting the vehicle speed sensor circuit. So if you know what you are doing, it just might be possible to adapt this module to work. It's worth researching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts