Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
me5po5ito
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So today I got in my vehicle after work and the Navi unit didnt display the normal "Honda Navigation" screen... just a blank screen. Then a minute later when the system would usually display the warning screen it said "please wait... updating software." And then finally it said "Please Check Disc."

I tried to take the disc out and put it back in, restarting the car, etc and still get the same issue.

The only thing I havent done is disconnected the battery. Dont want to do this yet because, of course, I cannot find that damn card with the code on it.

Anyway... anyone have this problem before? any suggestions?? :dunno:

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
2,322 Posts
I was about to make a new thread on this SAME issue!!!

I had the exact same thing happen to me 3 times so far. The first time it happened, I took the navi dvd out, rubbed it a bit and put it back in. Voila! It worked.

The second time it happened, I did the same and it didn't work. I had to take the dvd out again and put it back in and it finally worked.

It happened for the 3rd time today, and I just took the key out, and restarted the car and like magic it worked.

The frequency of this happening seems to be increasing. The 1st happened about a 3 wks ago. Then the 2nd happened last week.

What can be going wrong? I mean, my car is under warranty so I'm not too worried but this is getting on my nerves!!!!! :headbash::headbash::headbash:

So, two of us are the only poor saps with this issue???

·
Registered
185 Posts
So, two of us are the only poor saps with this issue???
I won't comment because I know with my luck, it will happen to me. I was supposed to bring my car this morning to the dealer so they could have the scratch they put on my door fixed. On the way up the guy calls me to say the the loaner he was going to give me was in a accident. I turned around and went home. Let's see what excuse they give me tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Warranty Issue, See Dealer, Regards

Richard

·
me5po5ito
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really? no one else has had this issue???

I took my DVD out, cleaned it, no luck.

Disconnected my battery... same thing. Only now my clock clock is all f*ed up because it cant sync with the GPS!!!

cant make it to the dealer til the weekend and now my navi screen is on and BRIGHT anytime I drive... cant even change the brightness because the dimming button doesnt work... I hope they dont have to pull the whole system out.....

·
2,322 Posts
really? no one else has had this issue???

I took my DVD out, cleaned it, no luck.

Disconnected my battery... same thing. Only now my clock clock is all f*ed up because it cant sync with the GPS!!!

cant make it to the dealer til the weekend and now my navi screen is on and BRIGHT anytime I drive... cant even change the brightness because the dimming button doesnt work... I hope they dont have to pull the whole system out.....
Try taking out the DVD again couple of times. Like I said, 2nd time it happened to me I had to repeat 2-3 times before it worked. You should still take it to the dealer but to avoid the hassle meanwhile. Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW, I will eventually take mine in also but since it's "working" now it'll be a waste of time.

·
2,322 Posts
This stupid problem is back again. Hate to take it to the dealer only to not able to duplicate the issue. Anyone else having this problem? To OP, did you ever get it fixed?

·
2,322 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I feel like this can't be just an isolated issue.

I think I know how to duplicate the problem (so I can show it to the dealer). Here's what I do and it seems to bring up the issue about 50% of the time:

Drive with Navi on. Then, when you arrive at your destination, turn off your engine but don't take your key out. At this point, your navi screen should be on displaying the map. Leave it like that for couple of minutes. Then take your key out and either restart your engine or just turn to acc mode to turn on the Navi. What happens at this point, for me at least, is that I get the "Downloading Software" error message.

Can anyone with Navi try this and let me know if you can duplicate this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very old thread. But I see no resolution to this problem. I am now experiencing this same problem. My nav hardly worked when I got it from the dealer as a used car (2003) Accord I got in 2011. I've owned this car for 3yrs now and my nav has NEVER worked. I proceeded to clean the disc and approx. 2 weeks ago, my nav worked for 2 starts of my car.

It detected my location, displayed the map (things I have never seen). I couldnt even understand what to do because it was a new experience. But sadly after those 2 occasions it failed and now request me insert a disc. I DO believe the lens is dirty because I have a known good disc. But have not had another to test that theory nor have put up $150 for a new one.

The only ideas I have is to take the dvd drive apart, clean it up and try again as lens cleaners do not "play". Once I do have a resolution, I will post here.

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
674 Posts
Have you guys tried restalling the Navi software? I believe you press cancel, map, and menu. There is option in there to download software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just got my honda accord 2005 and everything works expect the map/guide system it just goes plan plank I turn it of and clean the disk same issue any one what I should do

·
Elvira
3,435 Posts
Hi I just got my honda accord 2005 and everything works expect the map/guide system it just goes plan plank I turn it of and clean the disk same issue any one what I should do

Read post 11 and try what Korrupt posted. It may help all your navi problems.

Miker

·
2008 black M6 V6 Coupe
4 Posts
Anyone else having this problem lately? I just had my battery replace not at the dealership and now the Navi is saying the please wait uploading softwear....then...check your disc, which i have and its spotless clean im not sure what else to try?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i know this is a very old thread but I'm getting the exact same errors. this occurs every time I turn on the ignition even if there is no disc in the drive.

the three button reset doesn't do anything on mine. in fact none of the satnav buttons seems to do anything.

Any advice or solutions please?

·
2008 black M6 V6 Coupe
4 Posts
Anyone? Mines still doing it after a week? DvD navi is in the trunk, no problems i can see? Im about to take it to the dealershihp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda Navi Changed to Acura?

I have a 2008 Accord with Navi. Recently the startup screen changed to show as if it was Acura Link Satellite Navi System. Menu options also changed to show options for Traffic & Weather however neither seem to be functional. In addition the Trip Computer feature that shows mileage, trip time, etc is now not working. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Issues with NAVI & HFL in my 2008 Accord EX-L. System started displaying Acura banner instead of Honda. Volume defaults to high, map scale to 1/8 mile. System shows Acura features such as real time traffic & weather however these do not work. Other system features such as trip computer no longer work. When resetting the security code associated with the unit no longer works and must enter 0000 to restart. Have been to the dealer and they cannot figure it out. They can only say it is a software problem and the unit will need to be pulled out and sent for analysis and a cost of over $700. I have tried resetting the system and downloading software with no success. Also tried the on line Honda Twitter contact and they are stumped as well. Anyone else have similar issues?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Issues with NAVI & HFL in my 2008 Accord EX-L. System started displaying Acura banner instead of Honda. Volume defaults to high, map scale to 1/8 mile. System shows Acura features such as real time traffic & weather however these do not work. Other system features such as trip computer no longer work. When resetting the security code associated with the unit no longer works and must enter 0000 to restart. Have been to the dealer and they cannot figure it out. They can only say it is a software problem and the unit will need to be pulled out and sent for analysis and a cost of over $700. I have tried resetting the system and downloading software with no success. Also tried the on line Honda Twitter contact and they are stumped as well. Anyone else have similar issues?
I have this same problem have you found anything to fix it? I wouldnt like to deal with the dealer about this problem i have an 2008 coupe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts