Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring sedan in May of 2014 and I fully expected the navigation and related infotainment system to be top notch.

It sucks! Does anyone know if Honda plans to improve the interface and usability of this system?

I should mention... having to first copy my music to a CD so then I can copy it to the internal hard drive is ridiculous!

On another note; the camera systems (side and backup) distort the image so badly that your perspective of how close things are and orientation of the vehicle is absolutely useless.

My last vehicle (Lincoln MKZ) had a much larger screen and the backup camera system was so good.... I would drive in reverse with confidence never having to actually having to turn my head.

PS, I could also copy music directly from the USB to the internal hard drive on my Lincoln.

RODERIC

· Registered
632 Posts
Regarding the cameras, the larger the field of view, the more distortion is to be expected. So there's a trade off there. I suppose Honda could have performed on-the-fly distortion correction. Any idea if Lincoln does that?

· Registered
690 Posts
NAV System: I'm OK with the Honda NAV system, not to say it couldn't be made better.

HDD: I agree with you 100% on the internal hard drive. It's a shame and a waste that Honda didn't allow us to copy USB/MP3 files to the drive. I commented about this misstep before.

Cameras: You have 3 backup camera perspectives to choose from. I've gotten use to the wide angle cameras. At first, I hated it. My 2010 Accord's backup camera was not wide angle and gave a more realistic perspective of the objects behind you. I'm finding that I now like the medium wide-angle setting of the cameras. The extreme wide-angle view is still to distorted for me, and the straight, point-at-ground view is doesn't seem practical.

I OK with the right lane changing camera. Actually, I love it.

· Registered
632 Posts
point-at-ground view is doesn't seem practical.
It is great when you back up against a wall or some other structure. No need to inch backward, get out of the car and check, inch backward some more, check again, and so on. Now you can just back all the way in in one shot. Totally look like a pro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.