Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely make use of the GPS system. Where I find it most useful is to see street names before I come up on them, particularly in rural areas where speed limits are higher and the signage isn't always the best.

The past couple of times I've driven north of the city I've come across an annoying issue with the GPS. Street names aren't showing up at all on the map. Zooming in and out has no effect. There's plenty of screen real estate to display them as well.

Last night while playing with the Settings menu I changed the mode from 3D to 2D and saw more street names pop up in my residential area. I can't say for sure this is a 'fix' as I haven't checked in the rural areas I was referring to.

Is this an issue with the system or maps or is there a way (setting I assume) of getting street names to show in 3D mode?

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
maybe the area hasnt been mapped out completely by whoever honda uses for their gps technology....

if you go back in the area and notice more street signs in 2d mode than you might be on to something....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The system shows the current road at the bottom of the screen. I'm turning onto the roads I'm looking for and their names are showing at the bottom just fine. Safe to say it's not an issue of whether the street info is contained in the system.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
2 things that may or may not relate. I detest 3D mode. To me it distorts the map. In the old days did we ever have maps that showed the perspective that 3D mode shows?

Second, I don't have the problem with lack of road names on the map. The thing that really bugs me with this, and other, GPS units is when they tell you to turn on such and such road and they use the local name of the road when they could more clearly indicate a turn onto a US, state or county road number which is invariably going to be signed better than the local road name. Just makes no sense to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts