Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My DVD Navigation died. I have a message on the display stating "Please check your disc" I am unable to access the A/C Radio or trip computer settings on the display. I tried to get into the diagnostics menu using the three button method, but I am still unable to even do that. Are there any other options I can do to get those options back up on the display? I have a 2005 EX-L V6 with Navigation. I have looked and seen a lot of different threads, but I am still not clear on whether or not there is a good solution to this problem! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will this require me to re enter the code and set up the radio. It is such a pain that I cannot access to program presets or adjust the air flow of the Climate control settings. I have been reluctant to pull the fuse. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will attempt this when I get home this evening! thanks!

UPDATE 1 :

Yep it is a no go. Still error message on the screen. Not sure what else to do unless all the screen functions are in the brain box in the trunk. It has power, but I don't think it is reading the DVD in it.

UPDATE 2 :

Ok so I took the unit out of the vehicle and opens the top cleaned the laser and then went to test it and I noticed the disc doesn’t spin when I put it in the drive. It’s supposed to spin when inserted correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been having issues with the DVD drive in the trunk. I bought another unit and it appears to be doing the same thing. I’m ready to just downgrade to the 6cd changer radio with the dual zone climate control.

What I would like to know is... is this a possible solution? Are there any issues I should be aware of by doing the downgrade other than maybe changing the top dash piece?

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have been having issues with the DVD drive in the trunk. I bought another unit and it appears to be doing the same thing. I’m ready to just downgrade to the 6cd changer radio with the dual zone climate control.

What I would like to know is... is this a possible solution? Are there any issues I should be aware of by doing the downgrade other than maybe changing the top dash piece?

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see why you can't. You would need the air vent assembly and the radio. If you decide to go that route, pm me, I would like to buy your navigation components from you and try to make them work in my car

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see why you can't. You would need the air vent assembly and the radio. If you decide to go that route, pm me, I would like to buy your navigation components from you and try to make them work in my car

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I will definitely keep you in mind. I have no idea what I would ask for the unit I have, but I would definitely sell it. I just paid 200 for the drive, and I cannot figure out why it wont work with my car. I am tired of trying and don't need the navigation anyways. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts