Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My DVD Navigation died. I have a message on the display stating "Please check your disc" I am unable to access the A/C Radio or trip computer settings on the display. I tried to get into the diagnostics menu using the three button method, but I am still unable to even do that. Are there any other options I can do to get those options back up on the display? I have a 2005 EX-L V6 with Navigation. I have looked and seen a lot of different threads, but I am still not clear on whether or not there is a good solution to this problem! Thanks in advance.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,438 Posts
Pull the radio fuse to see if the unit will reset.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will this require me to re enter the code and set up the radio. It is such a pain that I cannot access to program presets or adjust the air flow of the Climate control settings. I have been reluctant to pull the fuse. LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will attempt this when I get home this evening! thanks!

UPDATE 1 :

Yep it is a no go. Still error message on the screen. Not sure what else to do unless all the screen functions are in the brain box in the trunk. It has power, but I don't think it is reading the DVD in it.

UPDATE 2 :

Ok so I took the unit out of the vehicle and opens the top cleaned the laser and then went to test it and I noticed the disc doesn’t spin when I put it in the drive. It’s supposed to spin when inserted correct?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been having issues with the DVD drive in the trunk. I bought another unit and it appears to be doing the same thing. I’m ready to just downgrade to the 6cd changer radio with the dual zone climate control.

What I would like to know is... is this a possible solution? Are there any issues I should be aware of by doing the downgrade other than maybe changing the top dash piece?

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have been having issues with the DVD drive in the trunk. I bought another unit and it appears to be doing the same thing. I’m ready to just downgrade to the 6cd changer radio with the dual zone climate control.

What I would like to know is... is this a possible solution? Are there any issues I should be aware of by doing the downgrade other than maybe changing the top dash piece?

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see why you can't. You would need the air vent assembly and the radio. If you decide to go that route, pm me, I would like to buy your navigation components from you and try to make them work in my car

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see why you can't. You would need the air vent assembly and the radio. If you decide to go that route, pm me, I would like to buy your navigation components from you and try to make them work in my car

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I will definitely keep you in mind. I have no idea what I would ask for the unit I have, but I would definitely sell it. I just paid 200 for the drive, and I cannot figure out why it wont work with my car. I am tired of trying and don't need the navigation anyways. lol

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
What shape is the DVD disc in, is it scratched? From what I remember if you replace the DVD drive you have a different code to enter to enable the Nav system. There are a lot of information on how to clean the DVD laser or replace the laser on those drives.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What shape is the DVD disc in, is it scratched? From what I remember if you replace the DVD drive you have a different code to enter to enable the Nav system. There are a lot of information on how to clean the DVD laser or replace the laser on those drives.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The DVD was in good shape. No issues. Just the drive did not seem to want to work not sure what was going on with it. I just had the message in the green box. I ended up downgrading to the non navigation unit with 6 CD changer and XM. I got tired of dealing with it. Plus I needed to be able to adjust the climate controls and such.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does the TL antenna work with these systems? I am guessing since the drive is the same, the antenna should be as well, right?

It looks like nav cars are pretty difficult to find in Junkyards near me, so this is the cheaper option if it works

1 - 13 of 13 Posts