Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Navigation question

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MikeySoft 
#1 ·
Can someone who owns a 2013 accord with navigation, please tell me if the actual street names are pronounced when driving (like a garmin would).

#4 ·
This is an option which can be turned on or off in settings.

#5 ·
Hi, my Navi does not give street names with directions, and this option is not available in the navi settings. Is this possibly only available in the US model? Also, the navi does not seem to mute audio when giving directions. Need help!

2013 Touring I4 MT

#6 ·
I don't know about the Canada Touring. The turn by turn street name option on my US non Touring Nav can be set at:
Settings/Navi Settings/Street Name Guidance/

#8 ·
My 2003 Navi used the same speakers as the radio and would lower the radio. My 2013 Accord Navi appears to use different speakers and does not lower the radio. This is similar to my friend's 2009 Lexus Nav.

I donot find this as a big problem. I have the Nav audio set low. When I hear it, I look at the popup, detail blowup for the turn on the iMid. I also have my system setup to display this popup even when I have something else besides the map, like audio or the clock, on the iMid. The popup disappears after the turn and the iMid goes back to what it was displaying before.

#9 ·
9th gen Accord Navi FQA

Accord's Navi FAQ

This is a good thread for additional FAQs about the Accord's Navi. A common question is what comes with it beside GPS?

1. A 800x480 res iMid display instead of the 480x320 standard iMid display on the non Navi.

2. The Nav has free live FM traffic, unlike other factory Nav like Toyota and Nissan which charges a fee to use XM radio for this info. The Navi shows red or orange next to highways for heavy traffic. It also puts icons on the map for construction and/or accidents. It will even reroute you if you want.

3. Uses a backup Inertial Navigation System when you lose GPS because you are in a long tunnel, like Boston's big dig, or the GPS is blocked by tall buildings. Boston's big dig tunnels are long, have turns, lane weaves, left/right exits and entries. The Accord's Navi keeps correct position even if you slow down, speed up, turn, plan to exit in the middle of the tunnel. Exit signs are often blocked by trucks in long tunnels. The Navi will get you to the correct lane and exit even while gps is blocked.

4. Intergrades with Honda Link to navigate to Points of Interest (POI) found on Honda Link.

5. Allows free POIs to be downloaded over the internet and added to the Nav system using the USB connector.

6. Several ways to find POIs such as phone number, name, category, location.

7. Has suggested scenic routs useful for vacations.

8. Has an additional Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Navi button for Navi control and Voice Recognition.

9. Has a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) to store music on.

10. Free updates of gracenote, a music recognition database for music you may have on the HDD.

11. Music by Voice to play music off the HDD.

#10 ·
Additional info.

The time and date for the Accord's clock and calendar are updated from gps. Option to have offsets to your local gps time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.