Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering what are the minimum tools I would need for my V6 2005 Coupe. I live in a small apartment and wanted to be able to do my own oil change and Auto Transmission Drain and Fill and want to know what exactly I would need becuase I don't have the space for an entire tool set.

Thanks!

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
you can get a small metric ratchet set from sears, etc that wouldn't take up much space at all. Most of the bolts you're interested in are about 8,10,14mm iirc. a set of rhino ramps would help a lot, but you might find a small hydraulic jack and a pair of jack stands that might take up less distributed storage space.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Get an extension for the ratchet, 8" or a little more. It will come in handy when it's time to replace the engine air filter. :yes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I too started few weeks back and have been able to take apart rear bumper, change engine oil, replace brake pads, power steering fluid flush etc at home and I too rent an Apt. For starting I would recommend getting one of those tool sets from sears, walmart, autzone, strauss etc. You can get either the jack stands and floor jack stand set or ruber ramps made by Rhino Blitz. For things like flushing out fluids you can use plastic pumps available from auto shops they are quiet cheap. Will also need something to pull out oil filter either the OEM wrench or non OEM would also do.

Good Luck

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
It does, but the wrench is typically necessary to generate enough torque. If you can do it properly by hand you don't need it. it's not expensive though, worth the effort savings in using the wrench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts