Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New the accords and Hondas in general. We just picked up a 2012 lx sedan or the wife yesterday. Looking for some ideas to make the car look a bit better. I plan on tint first. Any known good parts current accord owners go for in terms of wheels, suspension, etc? Also I was hoping the someone might know of some decent quality (in terms of light output) projector headlights that are a drop in. Are there any that are retrofit quality, or a retro the only decent option? If so, who does good retros for these at a decent price? So to close this post out; it's the i4 model, so I have no delusions of fastness from it, just wanna make it look good for the wife and have decent headlight output with a nice clean cutoff. Just want her to get groceries in style. We can go fast in my car...

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Lol, congrats on the buy! My first suggestion would be to get rid of those hideous wheels!!! Or hub caps whatever the heck they are lol I think the LX wheels are thee absolute worst ever. That's just me though haha might need to do a brake drum to rotor conversion or some crap for that though. Idunno.

About the projectors, the BEST way to go is to do your own retro (or have it done). There are headlight units that you can replace your stock ones with but they aren't very... good... and they're insanely overpriced IMO! Having a retro done is pretty pricey as well but worth more than buying crap replacement headlight units. Where are you located? If you're in the tri-state area, there's a shop in Long Island called LightWerkz that's pretty reputable and an TheRetrofitSource-authorized shop! I also believe that there is a shop in Northwestern New Jersey that does retrofits as well. If you're handy with small tools and following directions (and taking your time), you can knock your own retrofit out! There are a bunch of write-ups here on DA and on other forums!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always wanted to do my own but that is a lot to mess up. especially since it's her car. It has to be something that's a first time go. I asked cause I was able to get a set for my car done for the same price as those crappy drop in "projectors" that have the horrible beam pattern.

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to give the accord some Race Inspired Cosmetic Engineering...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Your best bet would be to do the retrofit yourself, you could get all the stuff from theretrofitsource.com for under $400. I emailed them a few times and what I got from it was that its pretty easy if your a shade tree mechanic.
Suspension wise a lot of people have used the Megan Racing EZ's coils (myself included) and have had good results from them.Research coilovers theres tons of useful info here on them.
Wheels....just pick a set you like and that work for you theres millions of choices out there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lol, congrats on the buy! My first suggestion would be to get rid of those hideous wheels!!! Or hub caps whatever the heck they are lol I think the LX wheels are thee absolute worst ever. That's just me though haha might need to do a brake drum to rotor conversion or some crap for that though. Idunno.
I am pretty sure all 8th gens have rotors all around. Just smaller up front in the LX.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
712 Posts
Lots of little things can help it look better, sportier, etc., such as lowering, spoilers (trunk, moonroof, back window), wheels, front end, fog lights, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts