Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
All VTEC. All the time.
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I just noticed this, I don't have pics but I'm looking for advice from anyone who's done some minor dent repair.

I found a small (about 1/2 cm across) dent in my driver-side rear door. It's right on the crease that runs below the door handle. There is no paint damage and it's not very deep, just enough to be noticeable- of course now that I've seen it my eyes are drawn to it like a magnet. :(

How would you guys approach fixing this? My first thought is to remove the door panel and try to push on it from the inside but I've never done anything like this before so I'm not sure if that's the best approach.

This stuff kills me because I always park my car away from everybody else so I have no idea when and where it happened.

·
Registered
680 Posts
painless dent repair.

if you DIY it will look DIY.... have a pro do it. I had them pull a dent and you cannot tell it was pulled out.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
as long as there is no crease in the metal...they will be able to remove it and you will never know that a dent was there....

·
4,637 Posts
Yep do the PDR. Since your in NE OH Call 800-327-5501 Jack Matia Honda and ask about PDR. I remember seeing a sign for PDR in the customer waiting room while having service done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)

I agree with everyone, I have had a guy do some of that on my previous cars and its awesome. They dill a small hole on the inside of the door panel and have special tools to work the dent out. Its works great if the paint is unharmed on the outside.

The worst you end up with is a small plug on the inside of a door panel.

I have paid $50-100 but well worth it.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
I agree with everyone, I have had a guy do some of that on my previous cars and its awesome. They dill a small hole on the inside of the door panel and have special tools to work the dent out. Its works great if the paint is unharmed on the outside.

The worst you end up with is a small plug on the inside of a door panel.

I have paid $50-100 but well worth it.

Scott
A good PDR technician shouldn't need to drill any holes, *unless* it is impossible to get to the dent without doing so, or if not drilling the hole means a substantial extra charge to remove interior panels, at which point it is up to the customer to decide if he/she wants to pay for the extra charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts