Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, can you help me identify what each plug on the back of the headlights go to, particularly #3 which is a pair of red wires. i was told from the previous owner it was for the angel eyes but i dont see any black cables which i read on a DIY i needed to ground. the diagram is from this package i bought which is a switch and wires for the angel eyes. i need to know which cable to ground and which cable(s) to splice. thanks for any help.

this is what the headlights look like from the front:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Very easy fom what i see. 1 and 2 are obviously headlight connectors for low and high beams. 3 is the power wire for your halos which can be attached to the wire of your choice but most people choose parking light wire. 4 is the connector for the end of the low beam bulb since it obviously didnt come with one like the highbeams did. This all looks pretty simple. If you need more help send me a pm and i'll explain everything u need to know

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Make sure you are 100% sure all is good before you try them out. One wrongly connected wire can short out a mess of stuff and cause more headaches than you ever dreamed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks paperboy, that cleared up alot of stuff. 3 questions though:

Q1: Is wire 4 PNP, meaning there is a wire coming from the car that will power that?
Q2: So there is no negative cable I need to ground? I've heard that sometimes ebay halos have a +/- wires that are both colored red, which makes no sense to me at all why they would do that
Q3: The hole in the top left corner in the 1st pic is for the turn signal right? Where is the source of power for that?

@dreamacre: yeah i know, plus its a PITA to take off the whole front bumper only to realize you dont know what the eff you are doing lol. thats why im coming to yall DA/v6p members so everything goes right :)

·
Registered
39 Posts

Q1: Is wire 4 PNP, meaning there is a wire coming from the car that will power that?
Q2: So there is no negative cable I need to ground? I've heard that sometimes ebay halos have a +/- wires that are both colored red, which makes no sense to me at all why they would do that
Q3: The hole in the top left corner in the 1st pic is for the turn signal right? Where is the source of power for that?

@dreamacre: yeah i know, plus its a PITA to take off the whole front bumper only to realize you dont know what the eff you are doing lol. thats why im coming to yall DA/v6p members so everything goes right :)
A1: Wire #4 is where you put the bulb (make sure you have the right bulb for the kit if it didn't provide you with one) for the low beam. So the power is coming from within the headlight assembly which is then plugged into the car another way, if that makes sense.
A2: When you splice into one of your wires, one of those red wires is going to be a ground, and I don't think it matters which. A quick tip for splicing into the parking lights: first off they're easy to find, they plug into the back of the amber bulb in your current headlamp. There will be three wires, one black, one red, and one kinda orange if I remember right. Hook one wire into the black wire. Turn your parking lights on, and use a continuity tester to see which wire is hot, then splice into that one. I accidentally spliced into my turn signals my first time.
A3: You will be reusing your amber bulb that is in your current headlight. The power will come from the stock connector. No worries there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
niceness, thanks sooo much versatile, i think im pretty much good, cant wait to put these on when i get the chance....maybe in the spring cause theres gonna be snow soon ughhh...gotta put back to stock

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

versatile already answered questions 1 and 3. as for question 2, the red wire(3) is tapped into the parking light wire. there is supposed to be a ground because your halos would NOT work without a ground, but i am guessing the ground is already made within the headlight perhaps by touching the chassis once you mount on the headlight.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ you know there are 2 red wires for #3 right? thats why you could be right in that the ground is built in but it could also be one of those wires. is there any way to check if it is +/-?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts