Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm plasti dipping my chrome window trim and my side mirrors right now. I was wondering if I will add pearl to black and then top it off with gloss. Will it look good? Since the car is pearl?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good lord that picture is scary to me....I'd be way too scared to do that to my brand new car ;)
Its plasti dip, and the car is waxed very well. So everything that goes somewhere where it doesn't supposed to go, buffed right out with a microfiber...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you post a pic of the finished product
Yeah I will, once this thing finally dries. Its the first the I'm doing it when its not over 80°C outside since I live in LA, I'm used to the 5 min. wait and its all dry, but now it takes almost 30 min. to dry. Also I didn't go with pearlized.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Attachments

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts
Damn if I thought of getting a black roof with the white sooner, I wouldn't have gotten my MSM. Jeez that just looks gorgeous. Is the roof glossy black?

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
Damn if I thought of getting a black roof with the white sooner, I wouldn't have gotten my MSM. Jeez that just looks gorgeous. Is the roof glossy black?
I concur. It's definitely a nice look. Great job Alex.

I like the blacked out trim although I am antiplastidip.

Other cars usually have those door trims flat black or piano black. No pearl, even if the car is pearl itself. Glad you went without it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
i always like the look of the black wrap roof on white paint. but man the black mirrors? gives it that old accord base model look.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
Are you going to black out the front grill strips?

Continuing the black theme, I would suggest doing something about the matte side pillars...perhaps vinyl, acrylic piano black overlays (ebay), or the OEM painted pieces.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you going to black out the front grill strips?

Continuing the black theme, I would suggest doing something about the matte side pillars...perhaps vinyl, acrylic piano black overlays (ebay), or the OEM painted pieces.
I actually had them dipped also, I had everything dipped. But I messed up by not masking rear pillar thing and the dip did not tear there and ruined everything. I'm gonna have to redo the whole thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts