Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Not a new member here. My old account was deactivated and was unable to log-in, I guess from not logging in for quite some time.

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for some brake advice.

Car: 2011 Accord V6 6-Speed

My rotors are due for replacement, at 117,000 miles (they are original since new from when I bought the car in 2010).

I'm considering upgrades since I just fitted ceramic performance pads (EBC Red Stuff).

What are your recommendations for:

Front: slotted or flat rotors? OEM vs. StopTech or DBA?

Rear: Slotted or flat? OEM vs StopTech or DBA?

Uses:

Aggressive street driving (lots of NYC stop-and-go, road trips into the mountains for spirited driving)
Occasional track- or autoX days (maybe one or two per year, no more)

Your advice = greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
2011 LX-S Coupe Automatic
164 Posts
I would go with semi metallic brake pads, front and back. I would not go for the slotted or drilled rotors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Yea, the more I read, the more I might be inclined to just go with flats...just figuring out which brand. Stock 6-6 with proper pads aren't bad to begin with.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Slotted or drilled rotors may look good but sometimes they crack from metal fatique, any good brand rotors with a high carbon content in them.

·
Turning Japanese
74 Posts
I went with stoptech slotted and posi quiet brakes by centric/stoptech that was at 38,000. They are good but can't tell if they stop better tbh. I just replaced front pads at 92k miles and there was still meat left on them.
Stoptech is overpriced and on my other 3 hondas 13 pilot, 14 civic Si and my other 2012 v6 coupe I think R1concepts to be the best bang for your buck and plain rotors work well but drilled and slotted just look nice.i have used R1concepts on 3 vehicles should run you about 245 free shipping they are always running specials. Check them out.

https://www.r1concepts.com

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Flat rotors that are high carbon and cryo treated with EBC redstuff pads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BenzAccord
1 - 7 of 7 Posts