Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im a new member first of all. my names Kris, i recently bought a 98 honda accord the ulev engine had a cracked block i believe its called the porous valve that broke and so the oil gets into the antifreeze. Anyway i swapped out the f23a4 for a f23a jdm version. Now im gettin the stupid check engine for 02 sensor because it needs a wide band so i changed both sensors and still got the engine light on. im wondering if theres a way to fix it or something please get back to me asap need help thank you

·
Registered
44 Posts
okay so im a new member first of all. my names Kris, i recently bought a 98 honda accord the ulev engine had a cracked block i believe its called the porous valve that broke and so the oil gets into the antifreeze. Anyway i swapped out the f23a4 for a f23a jdm version. Now im gettin the stupid check engine for 02 sensor because it needs a wide band so i changed both sensors and still got the engine light on. im wondering if theres a way to fix it or something please get back to me asap need help thank you
Did you try to disconnect the battery for about 5-10 minutes and reconnect it again?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Which sensor is giving you the code or what code are you getting?
The ECM is still set up for the ULEV system, so the any replacement sensor should be the expensive ULEV (California) type. Also these cars are sometimes picky about the brand of O2 senors. NKG and Denso seem to work better than Bosch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts