Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heeltoeauto

V6?
To my knowledge the only option is clutchmasters.
South Bend used to make a stage 2 for the V6 but it doesn't appear to be available anymore.

2.4 has a few options

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,357 Posts
I had a clutchmaters fx250 and it was defective as it would chatter the day it was installed. However the main thing I don't like is the added foot pressure required to disengage the clutch. At that point I had the clutchmasters aluminum flywheel also and it was a stupid set up. The car became finnickey and so difficult to daily drive. I lost the pleasure of driving a manual at that point.

Went back to oem. Bought a new flywheel and new clutch kit from LUK as they are the oem manufacture of the clutch components for our cars IIRC. Its good enough to hold 350lbs of tq at least. Grabs perfectly, and takes a beating. I don't know what else people are looking for. There's a reason there are so few options to change the clutch out.

OP why do you want a stage 2?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a clutchmaters fx250 and it was defective as it would chatter the day it was installed
You know that is normal right? New clutches tend to chatter until they bed in, and cant beat on it or you risk glazing and a chatter that never goes away.

Throw out bearing on my car is on its way out and the clutch has chattered since I got the car, have a FX250 and LWFW sitting here waiting till I have time to install. No way I am putting the OE garbage back on. Might be interesting though. I more concerned about the LWFW making it annoying to drive.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,357 Posts
yep that's the exact combo I had. Hated it. Spent another 2 K to go back to oem. Car was a nuisance to drive.

I would have to disagree on the chatter. I have had a new clutch and flywheel done on my ford probe back in the day. Glass smooth from day one. I had the clutchmasters flywheel and fx250 clutch and it was insane. As you would engage the clutch you could literally feel it skipping/chattering. Even when rolling the car forward in a drivewthru you could hear it. I would have to say something was wrong. I even returned the clutch through amazon and they deemed it deffective. I then used my LWFW and put on and oem clutch as per recomendation of my mechanic. I am pretty sure this is a no no because its a Dual mass flywheel and a single mass clutch. Either way though, it too was smooth as silk. Finally I then got rid of both and went back to oem clutch and oem flywheel. Glass smooth again from day one. So given those experiences I would find it hard to except that chatter is to be expected.

The funny part is the lwfw ONLY help acceleration in gear. But for drag racing for example it slows you down. Learnt that at the drag strip. 60 ft goes down also cause you lose traction and there is less inertia stored in the flywheel so it actually hinders launching the car. Also with a heavier flywheel and a no so strong clutch, when you bang gears there is a slight amount of slippage and that is actually what you want to keep the momentum going, With the fx250 and LWFW when you bang a gear the car slams into the next gear killing all the momentum you had from the previous gear (rpms) and you start from scratch all over again. Is on set up better or faster than the other, no. It depends on what you are looking for. Unfortunately for me I learn the hard way $$$$.

But for daily driving, mashing the gas in gear it does make things more explosive. Honeslty I had LWFW on two car now. And yes there is the inital wow factor, but once that wears off and you start to see all the tradeoffs, IMHO it aint worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts