Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i purchased a car dvr system with cameras and want to install it in the trunk of my 2008 accord ex
the dvr manual says connect the black cable to the battery negative the red cable to the battery positive and there is a 3rd yellow cable which it says (The yellow wire should be connected to ignition wire (ACC) for shutdown delay or the last video will be lost)

i believe this is the accessories wire which gets power when the car key is turned on

can someone please help my find this ignition wire ACC wire
maybe in the drivers side fuse box if possible

thanks all in advance

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
If I had to guess, you're talking about a dash cam since you mention "if [condition] then the last video will be lost", implying that [something] is being recorded. Provided that this is the case, you can pull off the steering wheel cover and get to and tap into the wires that way. Although I'm still a bit confused as to what it is, exactly, that you're trying to install lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
they are talking about a remote wire. you need to buy an 'add a circuit wire' from a parts store. tap into your cig lighter and your all done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a dvr system its not simple dash cam it require I negative and 2 power cables 1 positive from the battery which will be always on. and second positive power cable which is called ACC ( I believe it stands for accessorie only gets power when key turned to acc) I believe I would be ok to tap in to the citrate lighter since it only gets power when key is in acc position
but it would be easier for me to run the wire if I can find it in the driver side fuse box

thanks all for help in advance

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Or, like gen8 said, tap into the cigarette lighter with an inline fuse/add-a-circuit wire.

OR tap into the accessory circuit using an add-a-circuit fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts