Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto part Automotive engine part Axle part Line art Transmission part

I can't find anywhere to buy these springs outside of buying a brake pad set from Honda. Akebono pads have the holes to use them, but they didn't come with the springs.

What they do is push the pads apart from each other to save wear when not in use. One of the fixes with 2010+ Accords for rear pad wear was to add a single spring to the rear pads.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I bought my Akebono Performance pads (rear), they came with the springs. Check with your vendor or call/contact Akebono.........they might send you some for free. Don't know if the front ones need them.

·
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I fired off 2 emails. One to RockAuto where I bought the pads, another to Akebono.

I also stopped off at Autozone because I needed to pick up some caliper slide pin lube (apparently CRC Brake Grease isn't good in this application as it dries out). Autozone can special order "Brake Pad Hardware Kit". $10.99 for the front, $7.99 for the rear. Includes the pad springs, caliper slide pin boots, brake pad retention clip:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa.../N-k4b5lZ8kole?itemIdentifier=9356_0_0_161678

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa.../N-k4b5lZ8kolf?itemIdentifier=9345_0_0_161678

And I'm unsure which model year Accord started with the Front brake V springs (it appears the SUV's have had them for a while), but I'm fairly certain that part of the recall with the 08 and 09's was to use ceramic rear pads and add the springs to fix the crazy-fast wear.

·
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reply from RockAuto:

Thank you for your recent purchase. I'm sorry, those brake pads do not come with the V-springs. Neither the photo nor the description show that these pads come with V-springs from what I can see. I'm sure Akebono does sell that part with the V-springs, but manufacturers will sometimes give us two versions of their inventory to sell: some with hardware and things like V-springs, some without. We always make sure to either list it in the photo, and/or the description.

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah, i always buy the brake hardware kit from autozone or wherever. they stock it at the one by me though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
i got mine from advance. the platinums come with everything. and i would just buy the pads with the clips and save the pads for next change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts