Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I finally got my money together to get a set of 22s on my 2010 accord. I will post pictures tomorrow when I upload them onto my new computer. The wheels that I want are 22x8.5 and I was wondering if I was going to have any issues with the width. I am going to run 235/30/22 to be safe and I don't want to be rubbing if I got people in the car. Please any help would be great. And with this setup will I be able to use a pro kit to get the great stance I have been seeing from you guys on this site. Thanks

·
Corvalis TTX
4,610 Posts
22" Dubs? Yeah baby. :banana:

When did pimps start driving Accords? :lmao:

These guys must have gotten no attention when they were children.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not doing the chrome look. I am going with a black rim with an white lip and White accents. I would go with 20s but you have to slam the car so low to make them look good and I don't want to worry about all the things you have to worry about when your car is so low. But if anyone who has 22s and want to give some advice instead of everyone just giving there opinions on if they like the idea or not that would be appreciated. And those staggered set of rims on that coupe have to be 24s not 22s...way to big !

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,276 Posts
I would go with 20s but you have to slam the car so low to make them look good
Says who?

20x8.5

20x8.5 and 20x10

20x8.5

20x8.5

and I don't want to worry about all the things you have to worry about when your car is so low.
So you'd rather worry about the things that big heavy ass wheels will do to your car such as harsher ride; drop in MPG; increased stress/faster wear of bearings, ball joints, suspension, and axle; slower acceleration; longer braking distance; reduced handling, etc.?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not to worried about slower acceleration or mpg. Coupes I think look much better on 20s than sedans do. I like the gold one but to get that look I would spend more than I would on a set off 22s to have that stance on 20s. another good thing is that I wont have a lowered cars ride. I drive cross country a lot and I can just take my 22s off and have a stock ride. but I am not here to argue any points with anyone I just need some specs from the guys with 22s on there ride. if you don't like it cool ride little wheels and love it. I'm just not really into that.

·
2008 Accord Coupe EX
999 Posts
I remember seeing 2 accord coupes on here with 22s one had a hydraulic suspenion, the other one was a red i4 i think it was lowered on coilovers, ^^^ this car can never be lowered becuz of the wheels are the complete wrong offset (the white one)

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,276 Posts
Who's arguing with you. I'm just providing information so you and others who see this thread will know what they're getting into.

The wheels that I want are 22x8.5 and I was wondering if I was going to have any issues with the width. I am going to run 235/30/22 to be safe and I don't want to be rubbing if I got people in the car. Please any help would be great.
There's more to fitment than just diameter and width.... there's also the offset which you don't state. Also, 235/30/22 tires are too big.... they're 6.5% larger than stock (i.e. what the car is calibrated for) and not recommended.

And with this setup will I be able to use a pro kit to get the great stance I have been seeing from you guys on this site. Thanks
I don't think the people you've seen with that "great stance" are on 22's... they're more likely on 20's and 19's. No way you're going to get the same "stance" with 22's, oversized 235/30/22 tires, and pro kit lowering springs.

With 235/30/22 tires, you probably won't even need to lower the car on the Pro Kit since the oversized tires will fill in the wheel well a bit. And if you did, you'll likely rub with a car full of passengers.... if not the fender then the wheel well.

I like the gold one but to get that look I would spend more than I would on a set off 22s to have that stance on 20s.
Another good looking Accord on 20's and Tein S-techs

another good thing is that I wont have a lowered cars ride. I drive cross country a lot and I can just take my 22s off and have a stock ride.
Well, if you're planning to lower your car with 22" wheels on the Eibach pro kit and stock struts, you're going to spend just as much if not more in the long run than with 20" wheels and, for example, the Eiback Pro Kit with Koni Yellows or coilovers.

Like I mentioned previously, big and heavy 22" wheels will put more stress/wear on your suspension and other related components. Couple that with lowering springs on stock struts and you'll find yourself blowing out the stock struts much sooner than later. If you're paying someone to install the Pro Kit, down the road you'll end up paying for new struts, paying the person to swap out the blown struts and paying to get an alignment again.

But you probably already knew all this, so this is just information for others reading this who don't know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasn't worried about the width of the rims. The thing I was wondering about was what offset people are using with that size rim. I also don't really care about the wheel being bigger than the stocks. I have built a lot of cars in my day...mostly old school chevys.. with wheels a lot larger than stock to say the least. And there are a lot of ars that are dropped on 22s. Go to car domain and you can see them. But anyways thank fo all the comments and if you guys an put up a picture of a sedan on 20s with eibach sportlines that would be great just so I can see how the car looks with a decent drop on 20s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts